What paperwork will I need for SMC Visa?

Old Jul 7th 2014, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

WhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What paperwork will I need for SMC Visa?

OK, so I have the job offer (yay) and I'm just finishing off the last few bits for my NZMC registration, hopefully I can send them off at the end of the week/Monday.

So, next on my list is the SMC Visa. I know I have to complete an EOI in the first place. But once I've done that an (hopefully) it's drawn from the pool and I get an ITA, what will I need paperwork wise?

I figure it's going to be a small forest's worth, so I would like a head's up to get as much as I can prepped in advance (the non time critical bits anyway). My tentative start date is 19th January and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be referred to the medical assessor, so anything else I can save time on is a bonus!

There will be me and my two children (14 and 9).

My OH has made the decision to hang on a bit and build on his experience in his new job, before following us out in 6-12 months under his own steam.

I appreciate this is probably asked a lot, sorry
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Dandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What paperwork will I need for SMC Visa?

[QUOTE=WhatToDo82;11328302]OK, so I have the job offer (yay) and I'm just finishing off the last few bits for my NZMC registration, hopefully I can send them off at the end of the week/Monday.

Hello

I had to make sure I was registered with NZAOT prior to sending all my paperwork in for the SMC visa. For the SMC I needed to send the complete course details for mine and my husbands 3 year degree courses, all my work experience and job descriptions for each role including dates and hours worked. Relevant paperwork that details your current name/address and relationship e.g marriage certificate, passports, bank statements, bills etc to prove who you are as well as showing you have been in a long term relationship. Police certificates for immigration purposes and full medicals for adults and medicals for children. All copies of the originals have to be certified.
It does take quite some time chasing paperwork up. They send you a checklist for you to work through and send in. I had quite a number of locum assignments and one of the agencies I had worked for took a long time to get back to me.
Good luck
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

WhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh. So I have to repeat a lot of the stuff I needed for the NZMC? Stupid question I know, but can't they forward on things like the job history and degree transcript?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond reputeDandy du2 has a reputation beyond repute

No they don't pass on information. It is upto you to make sure they all receive the relevant paperwork. You just need to keep everything together, get certified copies and scan everything!!
I had to make sure that I was registered with NZAOT online so I had a registration number, then forward on my NZ registration certificate to INZ when it arrived.
With you having a job offer they will process your visa much quicker and will also contact you if they feel they need additional information.
We have recently got our lovely blue Resident visas in our passport but without a job offer it did take approx 16 months from our EOI to get to this point.
Hopefully fingers crossed we will be heading Christchurch way Jan 2015.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. We are also aiming for January, but Hamilton. 16 months? Wow. I'm hoping it won't take more than 6-9 to allow for the referral to the medical assessor. Maybe I'm being a tad optimistic? Thankfully the start date can be changed if there are delays with the visa or NZMC. That's something, takes the pressure of a tad!
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

You have a job offer so they will process the visa much quicker.

I didn't have a job offer hence the 16 months from EOI to visa.
Good luck with it all.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 9:19 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

let clarify this a bit, are you including your husband in your visa application? if so you need to prove a long term committed relationship, a marriage certificate if you have one is not enough.
Evidence of partnership

Your 14 will probably need to have a chest xray attached to her medical but as long as they are still under 15 when getting it done they will not need the blood tests unless the Dr says it is necessary.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...30July2012.pdf

Our ITA,, once submitted took over 3mths and that was with a job offer because our medicals were referred but luckily sent back without any further need to clarify. So although they state an average time of 3mths it does all depend on each individual case. Husbands job offer was returned 3 times until CO was satisfied with it. They also do no seem to move onto any other area of the application if something needs further documents, which I can see their point why carry on if that one thing could possibly lead to refusal of visa, but can be a pain in the butt when you are time limited and stressing. Also our CO only worked a 4 day week, not sure how many others do that but that was another factor.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jul 8th 2014 at 9:52 am.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

No, my OH will come later under his own visa. Presumably the chest x ray for my eldest will be time limited so best left until they ask for it?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 5:44 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the job offer

Just a thought on your husband. He doesn't have to come over with you even if he is on the EOI. Would it not make more sense for you to be the principal candidate, he is the secondary candidate and you all get resident visas at the same time? He does not have to travel with you. All he would have to do is enter NZ within a year to activate his visa but he doesn't have to stay. Further applications for travel conditions/PRV are based on time spent in NZ by the principal candidate only.

That way he isn't reliant on needing to apply for a visa in his own right at a later date He is already a resident. It seems more expensive and less reliable to do things separately. What if he doesn't manage to get a visa?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

The issue is he isn't my husband and currently we are not living together (complicated circumstances) so I doubt he would be able to come in under my application anyway
Old Jul 9th 2014, 6:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, that makes more sense.
Not being married isn't a problem. NZIS don't care! Sorry I made that assumption, I should have read it more carefully.
However you do have to prove that you are living together and have done for 12months to include him as a partner on the EOI.

Does he have a good chance of getting a visa in the future?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

He is a software tester so hopefully he will be ok. Failing that, he will come over on some other visa (working holiday or some such) and sort it once in NZ and been living with us a while. It's all so complicated!