British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   What order shall we do things? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/what-order-shall-we-do-things-536504/)

joeysfriends May 14th 2008 1:08 pm

What order shall we do things?

Back from 3 week reccy of NZ. There is where we want to be! :cool:
House up for sale next month.
Done lots of looking on govt websites re process. I work full time in UK, but am doing some part-time work with an employer that I hope will give me a reference for a job in NZ in health and social care.
AT what stage should we put in an EOI?
I have a degree and am 44 years of age - should I wait til I get a job offer before EOI -ing, or is it best to lodge our intention asap?
Any help gratefully received......
Joeys friends x x :wub:

chippy64 May 14th 2008 5:53 pm

Re: What order shall we do things?

Without ajob offer, your EOI tends to go to the bottom of the pile, with those who have a job offer constantly having priority over you. There are some in the forum that have been waiting months!

alchris May 14th 2008 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 6350771)
Without ajob offer, your EOI tends to go to the bottom of the pile, with those who have a job offer constantly having priority over you. There are some in the forum that have been waiting months!

I'd still say 'get your EOI in now' you can always add a job offer to it at any stage. If it's in then at least you have less time waiting. If you know what i mean

Chris

joeysfriends May 15th 2008 11:04 am

Thank you for response. Happy Thursday x

joeysfriends May 15th 2008 11:04 am

Thank you for advice. Enjoy the sunshine x

teebrown May 15th 2008 11:51 am

Originally Posted by joeysfriends (Post 6349461)
Back from 3 week reccy of NZ. There is where we want to be! :cool:
House up for sale next month.
Done lots of looking on govt websites re process. I work full time in UK, but am doing some part-time work with an employer that I hope will give me a reference for a job in NZ in health and social care.
AT what stage should we put in an EOI?
I have a degree and am 44 years of age - should I wait til I get a job offer before EOI -ing, or is it best to lodge our intention asap?
Any help gratefully received......
Joeys friends x x :wub:

Get your EOI in now and then update it when you have a job offer. I think you start to lose points again at 45, so get it in now.

All the best