In what order to apply

Old May 10th 2007, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Default In what order to apply

Hi

My husband and i have 135 points and are ready to do our EOI but i am really confused whether for us both to get a job offer first then apply for the EOI or go through the EOI then apply for a job.

We would like to get to New Zealand the end of this year or the beginning of next, and not sure what sort of time scale to start the proceedings.

we just want to do what gives us the best chance of getting in

with regards

kirstie
Old May 10th 2007, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In what order to apply

I have absolutely no idea, sorry. Just thought I'd post as no-one has yet!
Old May 10th 2007, 3:47 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
Hi

My husband and i have 135 points and are ready to do our EOI but i am really confused whether for us both to get a job offer first then apply for the EOI or go through the EOI then apply for a job.

We would like to get to New Zealand the end of this year or the beginning of next, and not sure what sort of time scale to start the proceedings.

with regards

kirstie
submit an eoi anyway - the moment ur circumstances change, for example a job offer comes along, you can always update them thus boosting your points.
just get your medicals sorted once you get a job offer (if still waiting to be picked from pool/or for an ITA) - you might never know if you have something underlying you didnt know about - could take 6 months to sort out!
Old May 10th 2007, 7:38 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
Hi

with regards

kirstie
Are you looking for work at the moment? Do you know what the market for your profession is like? Having just come out the other side of the process, I would highly recommend that you submit your EOI now, do your police checks, as they take up to 40 days to come through anyhow and are valid for 6 months and only cost a tenner.

In the meantime, get your house sold, if you have to, save as much money as you can and start gathering your evidence so when you get a job offer you can go full steam ahead.

Unfortunately time was not on our side, and we ended up doing our application and selling our house at the same time.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:33 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
submit an eoi anyway - the moment ur circumstances change, for example a job offer comes along, you can always update them thus boosting your points.
just get your medicals sorted once you get a job offer (if still waiting to be picked from pool/or for an ITA) - you might never know if you have something underlying you didnt know about - could take 6 months to sort out!
I have to agree with Dreamfish, apply for the EOI now and start applying for jobs. If you get a job offer, things will speed up.

The other way is for a work visa, should age be on your side.

Good luck

Paul
Old May 14th 2007, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

At 135 points its worth submitting your EOI now. If you do gain a job offer then you can amend your EOI later.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

thank you for all your help. we have sent our cv's off to agencies and have been scanning the job sites etc.

we have decided to do the EOI at the end of june as we have work to do on the house then we can put it up for sale. Paul is a maintenance electrician so i hoping he can find work. We want to settle near Invercargill, as we want to be in a rural location, but will look at all jobs that come his way.

Theres just so much to take in and getting it all done, so that it all runs freely and together.

If paul applies under the skilled catagory, and i have my degree so can get points for that, but only want to work part time etc doing admin work can i do that or can i only apply for a job in what i have been doing, or if i dont want to work, depends on pauls wage. does it all go under the same application.

with regards

kirstie
Old May 15th 2007, 10:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If you apply under Pauls trade qualifications and he is the main applicant , then you will go on the application as spouse . This means that your work permit will be open-ended i.e. you can work at what you want to.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

hi bevs

thank you, that has helped me loads and will be so much easier, paul has applied for some jobs and waiting to hear and we are just getting our police checks off the ground.

thanks again

kirstie