What To List for Quals?

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Jen B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What To List for Quals?

Totally new to this process and in need of help. My husband and I are both science teachers in America, and are beginning the NZQA IQA application. I am at the step where I enter my qualifications. Do I enter high school (that is, secondary) education, as well as colleges which awarded degrees?

Also, I am under the impression that the application must be completed and we must have our assessments before submitting the Expression of Interest. Is that true?
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: What To List for Quals?

If this is the full NZQA assessment then I would suggest that you show everything to prove your degree.
I don't feel that NZQA would be interested in your general schooling certs and quals.

Yes. It is best to have the NZQA assessment and therefore level so that you can show this on an EOI

The other thing that I believe you should be starting is registration.

TEACHERS COUNCIL NEW ZEALAND - OVERSEAS

Registration is required for a PR application as far as I know

Maybe a teacher will come along to help in a bit
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:12 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

Hi, you only need to have the pre-assessment done for your expression of interest. I've just done mine, sent off the expression of interest and have now had an invitation to apply for a full skilled migrant visa. I need the full assessment for the skilled migrant visa application (not sure everybody does though).

Good luck with it!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Jen B is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the information--it was very helpful!

BEVS, by "general schooling" do you mean secondary education (schooling between ages 14-18)?

Are there any teachers out there from the U.S. who immigrated to NZ to teach? What was your experience like with all this paperwork, and do you have any advise? Here's our story...

My husband and I are both teachers in our fourth year of teaching. I am a middle school science teacher (ages 13-14) and my husband is a physics teacher in high school (secondary, ages 16-18). We have just started filling in the IQA online and plan to send everything off in a week. We are going to wait to hear back from NZQA so we can get more points after mailing our EOI. We are planning to move next January, 2010 so we can begin the NZ school year from the start.

Any advise???