British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   what if? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/what-if-690015/)

showtime247 Oct 18th 2010 1:44 pm

what if?

what if my eoi is declined can a reapply straight away or not?

concretepump Oct 18th 2010 2:19 pm

Re: what if?

Originally Posted by showtime247 (Post 8926110)
what if my eoi is declined can a reapply straight away or not?

depends on what they decline it for, we were accepted in 07 but turned down as we were coming back to uk, tried again this year and got turned down , because of recession, they changed the goal posts, so we went for a work visa got that now waiting to sell house

Persephone Oct 18th 2010 11:23 pm

Do you mean it was selected and then declined and put back in the pool or it's been in the pool for 6months and then removed?
If the latter then yes, you can reapply and hope that the selection point gets low enough for you to be included next time. If it's still in the pool, again you'll just have to wait and see.
If you were declined because you don't have the necessary number of points then the only way you can reapply is to get more points somehow.
:D

concretepump Oct 19th 2010 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 8927108)
Do you mean it was selected and then declined and put back in the pool or it's been in the pool for 6months and then removed?
If the latter then yes, you can reapply and hope that the selection point gets low enough for you to be included next time. If it's still in the pool, again you'll just have to wait and see.
If you were declined because you don't have the necessary number of points then the only way you can reapply is to get more points somehow.
:D

hi we moved to tauranga in jan 07 with a job offer started work on 15th jan after about six months we put in an EOI and was invited to apply for PR but by then we knew we were coming back to uk so declined,
my job then was on ansco level four ,

since 07 we have been offered same job with same company but because of recession, they are saying its not a skilled job so have only gave me a one year work visa, saying they can train someone in a year, but i told them they only want me, and if they were going to train someone they would have done it three years ago, as it happens cant sell house so cant go until that happens
but also heard bad stories about not renewing visas give people two weeks to leave so realy would like PR before we went

we are going over for a holiday this xmas so will have a chat and see what we could do as they are reluctant to be accredited employers

and as i am 53 in april time is ticking watch this space