What happens next?

Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Question What happens next?

We submitted our EOI on 3rd July and got picked from the pool on the 4th July...so what happens now?

Bearing in mind we are already in NZ and both working.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:23 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: What happens next?

Probably the same thing that happened to us last year. You should soon get your ITA packet and you'll need to get all supporting documents to back up your claims from your EOI. Just follow the enclosed checklist and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:55 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. We put in our EOI 23 May (I think!) and got picked from the pool within 2 hours. We'd heard nothing so I rang NZIS (Cch) on Wednesday last week. They have a backlog of approx. 700 ITAs to send out. Up to the end of June (the end of their year) they had to concentrate on work visa. Now that backlog is cleared (ish) they can work on getting the ITAs out again. We received our ITA pack on Thursday (following my phone call) and returned it on Friday as we already had all the paperwork together. So now we're just waiting to hear.

I don't know if all offices have a similar backlog but you should get your pack within the next couple of months.

Hope this helps. xx
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Hi. We put in our EOI 23 May (I think!) and got picked from the pool within 2 hours. We'd heard nothing so I rang NZIS (Cch) on Wednesday last week. They have a backlog of approx. 700 ITAs to send out. Up to the end of June (the end of their year) they had to concentrate on work visa. Now that backlog is cleared (ish) they can work on getting the ITAs out again. We received our ITA pack on Thursday (following my phone call) and returned it on Friday as we already had all the paperwork together. So now we're just waiting to hear.

I don't know if all offices have a similar backlog but you should get your pack within the next couple of months.

Hope this helps. xx
Thank you...I have been eagerly waiting by the mailbox...getting chilly now...will stop obsessing about it and just wait for it to arrive.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
Thank you...I have been eagerly waiting by the mailbox...getting chilly now...will stop obsessing about it and just wait for it to arrive.
Hi Phil,
We were picked in Feb and after finding a couple of extra points had our ITA really fast. We submitted it in May. However i know for a fact they wont rush it through as weve got work permits until Jan 08. I dont expect to get residency much before that.
Carole
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:42 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
However I know for a fact they won't rush it through as we've got work permits until Jan 08. I don't expect to get residency much before that.
Carole
Huh...how's that, Carole? That wasn't my experience, but things might be different now, I don't know. That seems a bit strange that they'd leave your application on the back burner like that. Hmm...
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Huh...how's that, Carole? That wasn't my experience, but things might be different now, I don't know. That seems a bit strange that they'd leave your application on the back burner like that. Hmm...
I dont know for sure, although i remember when we first started thinking about coming here someone saying just that. I guess im thinking that if you've got a current work permit why would they rush. They may as well wait and make us wonder whats going on. I hope im proved wrong though, it would be nice if they contacted us with some good news. I know our medicals were cleared in May though and nothing has happened since.
Carole