What do you think??

Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Default What do you think??

Hi I'm 39, been working as an instrumental music teacher in the UK for the last 14 years, 8 of those in a school. I have also done some classroom teaching. After lookin into moving to NZ last year, I decided to do a formal teaching qualifiaction (PGCE) as it is on the skills shortage list.I will graduate in July. The qualification is secondary music teacher with instrumental teaching, so, do you think I will be able to put down the full 10 years work experience? I will be putting my EOI in in about 6-7 weeks. I don't have a job offer but will reach 140 points just about, (with the work experience included). When they say they do checks after being selected, is that on identity etc? When do we have to get all the paperwork together?? Sorry for so many questions!! If anyone can help me, I would be grateful! Helen
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think??

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy
Hi I'm 39, been working as an instrumental music teacher in the UK for the last 14 years, 8 of those in a school. I have also done some classroom teaching. After lookin into moving to NZ last year, I decided to do a formal teaching qualifiaction (PGCE) as it is on the skills shortage list.I will graduate in July. The qualification is secondary music teacher with instrumental teaching, so, do you think I will be able to put down the full 10 years work experience? I will be putting my EOI in in about 6-7 weeks. I don't have a job offer but will reach 140 points just about, (with the work experience included). When they say they do checks after being selected, is that on identity etc? When do we have to get all the paperwork together?? Sorry for so many questions!! If anyone can help me, I would be grateful! Helen
Helen, I would include all your work experience when you complete the form. If you want to teach in NZ you will also have to have your qualifications verified by NZQA; it's worth downloading their form and getting all the relevant paperwork together and sent off fairly quickly as NZQA are well known for taking their time!
I'm sure that there are lots of others on this site who can help too!
Good luck!