what do we do now????

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:22 am
Just Joined

joanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nice
Default what do we do now????

hi all,
our dream of moving to newzealand is coming to reality my husbands just been offered a job.WOHOOOOO. But the question is what do i do now?? Do i submit an EOI form?? or do i do something else any help would be much appreciated
thanks joanne and roy
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do we do now????

Originally Posted by joanneroy
hi all,
our dream of moving to newzealand is coming to reality my husbands just been offered a job.WOHOOOOO. But the question is what do i do now?? Do i submit an EOI form?? or do i do something else any help would be much appreciated
thanks joanne and roy
If you're going down the skilled migrant route, then yes... that'll be the place to start. Best to set yourself a login with the immigration website then print of al the pages for the EOIFill those in the just transpose to the online form. It'll take about 2-3 hrs to fill in... well it did for us.

Simon
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:56 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joanneroy
hi all,
thanks joanne and roy

Hi joanneroy

Congratulations on the job.

Now you should go to the Wiki button at the top of the page, click on New Zealand and look at all the info under the 'immigration' heading. That will point you in the right direction and give you lots of handy tips too.

if you are still uncertain about anything, then come back here

Best of luck
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations with the job offer. As mentioned above, log on and set up a password with the NZIS site and print off your EOI and fill out in pencil, we found doing this we could run around the house looking for the relevant paperwork and then we filled it out in one go on the website (you can fill it out and save it as you go if you don't print it off first) and then start a file up with all your info and paperwork in, you will be entered into the pool if you have enough points and the draw is every 2 weeks, they will tell you if you are successful when you log back in to the website (the letter arrived 2 2 weeks later for us, so check the website for upto date info) and in the mean time start gathering paperwork and finding out how much Mecials cost in your area (print off the medical forms from the website as well for each applicant).

Don't forget to get a job offer letter and references from past employeers and approximately 8 passport photos each.

Good luck, I think the next EOI draw is 3rd July.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:44 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by teebrown
Congratulations with the job offer. As mentioned above, log on and set up a password with the NZIS site and print off your EOI and fill out in pencil, we found doing this we could run around the house looking for the relevant paperwork and then we filled it out in one go on the website (you can fill it out and save it as you go if you don't print it off first) and then start a file up with all your info and paperwork in, you will be entered into the pool if you have enough points and the draw is every 2 weeks, they will tell you if you are successful when you log back in to the website (the letter arrived 2 2 weeks later for us, so check the website for upto date info) and in the mean time start gathering paperwork and finding out how much Mecials cost in your area (print off the medical forms from the website as well for each applicant).

Don't forget to get a job offer letter and references from past employeers and approximately 8 passport photos each.

Good luck, I think the next EOI draw is 3rd July.

Welcome and congratulations.

As above. As well as job offer your employer also needs to fill in the required form to say position unfilled by NZ resident/citizen, just needs to say advertised job and no suitable applicants quite straight forward,

Hope this helps
Pauline
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

joanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nicejoanneroy is just really nice

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
If you're going down the skilled migrant route, then yes... that'll be the place to start. Best to set yourself a login with the immigration website then print of al the pages for the EOIFill those in the just transpose to the online form. It'll take about 2-3 hrs to fill in... well it did for us.

Simon
hi there,
im not really sure what route to go down do you think the skilled migrant catergory would be the best??
I have done the points indicator and we have 165 points.
I work as a painter and decorator and this comes up as level 3 anzco
so do you think this is the right way to go down???
Many thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

with 165 points I would go the Skilled Migrant route, you should be picked from the pool right away and as you can see from my timeline, things can move very quickly.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

with 165 points I would go the Skilled Migrant route, you should be picked from the pool right away and as you can see from my timeline, things can move very quickly.
thankyou teebrown, what is a normal time scale i know they are all different but i just wanna get out there asap but i know these things cant be rushed(all i think to myself is if i take to long will he leave the job open)
many thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timeline is the same as asking how long is a piece of string, but i do know ours is happening if very quickly, and I do know if you have a job offer you go to the front of the que. To speed things up when you submit your EOI and get picked, you then have to wait for the ITA to arrive, whilst waiting you can get your police certs (get them now), get all your passport, birth cert and marriage cert (if married) certified, get proof of releationship (if married again) etc etc, you can do all this whilst waiting for your ITA and then as soon as you get picked from the pool and you are sucessfull get your medicals booked and that way as soon as your ITA arrives you will have all the paperwork ready.

but as i said before, our timelime is moving very quickly so fingers crossed for you.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

A question re your last response Teebrown:
Where do you get your passport, birth cert and marriage cert (if married) certified? can these be photocopies that are Notorised or can you obtain proper certified copies from somewhere in the UK?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

justnormal photo copies and then taken to a solicitor to get certified, mine was done on the day I phoned the local solicitor up and got charged £20 for 9 certified copies of everything.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

justnormal photo copies and then taken to a solicitor to get certified, mine was done on the day I phoned the local solicitor up and got charged £20 for 9 certified copies of everything.
Thanks - I'll see if our local Notaire can do it.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

So where are you heading for in NZ? Have you been before? We are off to Christchurch hopefully in March.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

I have had two job offers in Auckland and have just got back from interviews about 10 days ago.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:30 am
Just Joined

So where are you heading for in NZ? Have you been before? We are off to Christchurch hopefully in March.
We are heading to
Rangiora/ Waimakariri we have never been to this part before, we were in newzealand last year for 4 months but in Auckland city, we liked it but it was very busy just like london.
Hope all of our plans come to reality
joanne x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.