Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

snodgy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do they check?

hi expats ,
what exactly do they check in a acpo?
Old Oct 1st 2010, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do they check?

Your life history of criminal charges and convictions(if any) in the UK. New Zealand has a special arrangement with ACPO and they release all details to NZIS, i.e. there is no 10 year rule as there is in the UK.

The phrase "no live trace" means the offence or conviction was over 10 years ago but exists and did occur involving that person. NZIS will then ask you about it and if you hadn't declared it on your EOI then you will not be granted a visa for reasons of dishonesty on the EOI.

Jan
Old Oct 1st 2010, 5:35 am
Account Closed

snodgy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what do they check?

Thanks jan and Neil , well I haven't got any convictions that I know of so that should be straight forward , I'm going for blood pressure test today and worrying about acpo wasn't doing me any good ha ha