Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

What to do if my application for Partners Visa is rejected

What to do if my application for Partners Visa is rejected

Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:49 am
Just Joined

hollyrebecca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do if my application for Partners Visa is rejected

Hi Everybody

I'm new. Looking for some help as I've encountered some difficulties in the immigration process with less than 2 weeks until I'm due to fly to NZ and I'm starting to panic.

My partner has been offered a job in Christchurch and we had planned to fly out next weekend. His work visa was granted 2 weeks before Christmas and I sent my application for a Partner's Visa a week after that, along with a massive pile of evidence of our relationship and living together.

Without going into too much detail, my case officer emailed me a couple of days ago asking for more information regarding living together as she only counts 10-11 months (a minimum of 12 months is required). We are still currently living together but having difficulty proving it as I haven't received any mail yet this month and getting a bit distressed at my Visa hanging on a letter dropping through the door addressed to me!

If my Visa is declined, I have no idea what to do. As a UK resident, I know I am entitled to a vistor's visa for 6 months but do I need a return ticket or evidence of funds??

We're running out of time and my heart is breaking at the thought of my partner having to go without me due to not being able to afford to pay out any more money.

We have been planning this for over a year and just as things seemed to be all on track, everything is falling apart. I don't know what to do.

Any advise would be very gladly received.

Holly
Old Jan 10th 2012, 6:20 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do if my application for Partners Visa is rejected

At the moment if NZIS will only recognise 10-months, then you have the option of coming over on a vistors visa, which after extension will allow you to stay for 9 months. Plenty of time to get over the 12 month mark and you can process the partnership application from here.

Make sure you have a return ticket or proof of onward travel.

WHV is another option if you are 30 or under.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

If rejected, it's not the end of the world

You can either come over on a working holiday or a visitor visa and then apply over here.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

hollyrebecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your advice. Helped calm my mind!

I received an email from my case office yesterday stating my visa had been granted and it arrived in the post this morning

I feel silly for getting so anxious and worried about it now but at the time it is a stressful experience and your mind starts working overtime thinking the worst!

Thank you again for your responses.

Holly
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hollyrebecca
Thanks for your advice. Helped calm my mind!

I received an email from my case office yesterday stating my visa had been granted and it arrived in the post this morning

I feel silly for getting so anxious and worried about it now but at the time it is a stressful experience and your mind starts working overtime thinking the worst!

Thank you again for your responses.

Holly
Excellent news Holly. Now you need to add yourself to either the January or February leavers thread in the main forum