British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   What did you send your Application in? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/what-did-you-send-your-application-570115/)

NermaltheCute Oct 29th 2008 10:42 pm

What did you send your Application in?

Sounds like a stupid question I know but it says not plastic folders, no folder. Surely you can't just bung all the application and supporting douments in a envelope and send it? :confused: My documents are massive already and I haven't gathered half of them. Am I just going to end up with masses of staples, paperclips and bulldog clips? I was thinking of trying to get some sort of document wallet with dividers in but then would that be considered a folder? :blink:

P2L Oct 30th 2008 2:47 am

Re: What did you send your Application in?

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute (Post 6923267)
Sounds like a stupid question I know but it says not plastic folders, no folder. Surely you can't just bung all the application and supporting douments in a envelope and send it? :confused: My documents are massive already and I haven't gathered half of them. Am I just going to end up with masses of staples, paperclips and bulldog clips? I was thinking of trying to get some sort of document wallet with dividers in but then would that be considered a folder? :blink:

Delivered ours by hand, in a box file :sneaky::thumbsup:

weejie Oct 30th 2008 8:29 am

I put ours in a document wallet in order requested. I also put in a sheet with the sub-headings and what was provided as evidence for that e.g.

Birth certificates:
Applicant 1 DOB
Applicant 2 DOB etc

Passports:
Applicant 1 passport number
Applicant 2 passport number etc

Relationship evidence:
marriage certificate
car insurance-esure-date of issue
bank statement dated....

and this was the order it all went in along with a cover letter at the front. I got the originals returned in the wallet that I had sent it in.Did not use staples or clips etc. HTH

Phyl x

NermaltheCute Oct 30th 2008 8:51 am

Thanks Phyl I was thinking of doing something similar. Now to find a document wallet fat enough!

teebrown Oct 30th 2008 10:25 am

We put all all together as stated with a covering letter of what was in it and put it in a big brown envelope. I was worried thinking all the bits would get mixed up etc, but had no problems.

chippy64 Oct 30th 2008 5:19 pm

We sent ours off in big brown envelope too - it must be fine, we got the visa! :thumbsup:

The Jezzers Oct 30th 2008 7:19 pm

Hi, We sent ours in a huge jiffy envelope just as requested no extras just in a big bundle in order required, then sent it special delivery I think it cost about £10 cheaper than the train fair and we tracked it all the way there online.They received it the very next morning and confirmed on the INZ London web site.
regards Di.:D