Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

Well done, Kija! I am so relieved for you. please keep us posted.

I have just got my ITA. I don't know what proportion of ITA's get through to residency. Hopefully most of them.

all this hoop jumping is very hard work - I wish I had engaged an advisor but thought I would go it alone- now I wonder if I stand any chance of getting through without one.

I hope your advisor's nonchalance was a passing moment, and that she will pull out the stops big time when necessary.

good luck
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:00 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mudblood21

I have just got my ITA. I don't know what proportion of ITA's get through to residency. Hopefully most of them.

all this hoop jumping is very hard work - I wish I had engaged an advisor but thought I would go it alone- now I wonder if I stand any chance of getting through without one.

I hope your advisor's nonchalance was a passing moment, and that she will pull out the stops big time when necessary.

good luck
Many thanks Not sure how many ITA's go through but the immi website has the number of declined ones (not sure though if they're the declined EOI's or ITA's). What our advisor does is basically walk us through everything and fill things in, I doubt it gives us a special edge on this. Most of the people here have done it without an advisor so I'm sure you'll be just fine. Our situation is different in that we're in Egypt and there isn't anyone here to ask about anything. Best of luck with your ITA!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:35 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

mudblood21

An advisor or agent cannot push your application through any quicker, NZIS do not give priority to those coming through agents. SO unless you have a complicated case then going it alone isn't a problem in that respect, it just means being organised and methodical. I wrote out a timescale of what needed doing and when so nothing got missed and wrote down all my personal details and what needed doing in one notebook so it was all easy to find when I needed it.
Best of luck!!
Sue
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

thanks, Persephone and Kija.

Thanks for your soothing advice. I have a friend who works in admin, and she is checking my forms for bloopers, so hopefully all will be well.

Keep going Kija - maybe we will arrive on the same plane !

I have decided to take my papers in myself next Thursday. The kids are off school for half term, so we will have a day in London and do the deed. (maybe I should ring to make sure you can do that!)

wish me luck!
x
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:53 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

You can hand in your forms in person, no appt needed.....you just head for the right room as directed at reception, take a ticket (like at deli counter in Sainsbury's) wait for you number to be called then hand over your forms.....or you can just post them in the green box in reception area I think ....

Good luck! Oh don't forget to visit the kiwi shop 'kiwi fruits' at the back of NZ house!!! Jfm199 would love some 'perky nana's' !!!
B x
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

ta!

looking forward to discovery of 'perky nana's'
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:47 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mudblood21
ta!

looking forward to discovery of 'perky nana's'
Dont forget to get Pineapple lumps so yummy

Dewb
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:13 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

How are things getting along mudblood? Stressful stuff all this!

Wishing you the best of luck
Old Nov 14th 2009, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kija

Thanks for asking, so kind of you!

I have been advised by NZ house and a teachers' employment agency to hand in my notice here, to ensure that I can be available at the start of the NZ academic year. Only then can the agency get me the job offer I need to get the visa whizzing through the system.
But if anything delays the visa - and reading this site, there are lots of things that can delay a visa- then i will end up jobless in the UK in the middle of a recession. Talk about a leap of faith. I am a widow, so i am the sole breadwinner around here. It is all really scary!

How are things with you, Kija?