Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

Old Oct 7th 2009, 10:51 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

We've been rejected!!!

Just got a letter from someone at immigration that we only qualified for 110 points and that they will throw us back into the pool. This is what was in the email:

This is a total of 110 points.

As you do not meet any of the selection criteria at the time your EOI was selected, we are not able to issue you an Invitation to Apply.

However, your EOI will be returned to the Pool as your total points are sufficient to meet the minimum points of 100 required by policy.

What you can do now

Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter as soon as received. If you would like any further information to be considered in your Expression of Interest, these comments must be received via email no later than 12 October 2009.

For your information, once you decide to respond to the letter and have made sufficient comments please state clearly at the end of your comment if you do not have anymore comments to make so we do not have to wait until the due date is up and we can right away electronically return your EOI to the Pool. This will enable your EOI to be selected possibly in the next selection provided that your EOI meets the criteria at that time.

If we do not receive any comment within the requested timeframe, a decision will be made based on the information we currently have.

Once again, it is with regret that we are unable to invite you to apply for residence right now. This situation might change if you can provide us with additional information.
I'm devastated and don't know what to say at the moment
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

So sorry kija................don't know what else to say
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:56 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that Kija, you must be devastated. Is it a case of needing more evidence for more points? Is there anything else you can do to get a higher points total?
All is not lost, get back in the pool -the last two selections have included those EOIs with 110 points. It does not seem to often get that low so fingers crossed you'll be lucky
All the best
Sue x
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Eh? I don't understand. You have only just sent in for an NZQA assessment 4 days ago , on your agent's advice I'm assuming , which isn't enough time for the result to have come back. Will your advisor be letting NZIS know this? In which case NZIS would surely wait for the outcome of the NZQA assessment before deducting points and returning the EOI to the pool..

Seems a bit arse about face to me though, as it would have been better that you had the NZQA assessment level and NZQA number to put on the EOI when submitting, then perhaps this would not have happened if the qual / degree met the level required. ( mind you what do I know)

Sorry to read the post Kija. Must be very distressing. What does your agent say about this?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:54 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Kiji,

What a huge disappointment for you. I wish I could offer something more constructive but I would just reiterate what others have said. Get back on the horse and try again.

Stay positive.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kija
We've been rejected!!!

Just got a letter from someone at immigration that we only qualified for 110 points and that they will throw us back into the pool. This is what was in the email:

I'm devastated and don't know what to say at the moment
This is not 'REJECTION' - this is one of those hoops you have to jump through ... you simply need to work out how high to jump.... and whether there is fire round the hoop

Dont give up - find a way - we did - and it took 18 months longer than we expected getting through that bloody hoop!!

Chin up babe x
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:03 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there guys, (I've recovered a bit from the initial shock and devastation)

garfield thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. You're right there's not much to say in these cases.

Persephone it does seem to be a case of needing more points, we're desperately trying to see if there's anything we missed or can add to attain that. I really hope our next draw will include those in the 110 points

Bevs we didn't send in the documents yet to be assessed by NZQA, we were asked to submit them before the 2nd of October but we were only told this about 3 days before the deadline! So needless to say we weren't able to get the stuff sorted and sent. We're still getting everything done (it takes ages here in Egypt to get anything done, plus everything has to be translated too). Our advisor still wants us to send everything to get assessed by NZQA, the only problem is that they want a reply before 12th October before they automatically chuck us back into the pool.

Our documents won't be ready before Monday (12th) and then we'll have to courier them over, that's at least another 2-3 days.

From the little that I do understand, the advisor sent PAR to keep them going till she got everything from us to send to NZQA. She seems to be optimistic and says it's "not final".And yes, it is all very distressing

Am Loolah I'm trying to stay positive, OH is more optimistic about it all. Problem is 2 of my elderly dogs aren't doing well at all (one has kidney failure, the other has a problem with her liver) and it's been like an animal hospital here, plus my mum is going in for (hopefully) minor surgery so this was the last thing I really needed to hear.

Psycho I really hope so! We're prepared to jump through any hoops they throw at us, I just hope we eventually get to go there! Your words are very encouraging indeed x

Thank you all of you, all your posts made me feel better, you're all really fantastic
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kija
Hi there guys, (I've recovered a bit from the initial shock and devastation)

garfield thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. You're right there's not much to say in these cases.

Persephone it does seem to be a case of needing more points, we're desperately trying to see if there's anything we missed or can add to attain that. I really hope our next draw will include those in the 110 points

Bevs we didn't send in the documents yet to be assessed by NZQA, we were asked to submit them before the 2nd of October but we were only told this about 3 days before the deadline! So needless to say we weren't able to get the stuff sorted and sent. We're still getting everything done (it takes ages here in Egypt to get anything done, plus everything has to be translated too). Our advisor still wants us to send everything to get assessed by NZQA, the only problem is that they want a reply before 12th October before they automatically chuck us back into the pool.

Our documents won't be ready before Monday (12th) and then we'll have to courier them over, that's at least another 2-3 days.

From the little that I do understand, the advisor sent PAR to keep them going till she got everything from us to send to NZQA. She seems to be optimistic and says it's "not final".And yes, it is all very distressing

Am Loolah I'm trying to stay positive, OH is more optimistic about it all. Problem is 2 of my elderly dogs aren't doing well at all (one has kidney failure, the other has a problem with her liver) and it's been like an animal hospital here, plus my mum is going in for (hopefully) minor surgery so this was the last thing I really needed to hear.

Psycho I really hope so! We're prepared to jump through any hoops they throw at us, I just hope we eventually get to go there! Your words are very encouraging indeed x

Thank you all of you, all your posts made me feel better, you're all really fantastic
We know
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Pay to have the NZQA full assessment fast tracked & all me fingers and toes are that this comes right quickly for you both.

Problem is 2 of my elderly dogs aren't doing well at all (one has kidney failure, the other has a problem with her liver) and it's been like an animal hospital here, plus my mum is going in for (hopefully) minor surgery so this was the last thing I really needed to hear.

Oh noes. Having it tough right , left and centre.
It's awful when our pets are ill. Hope they are as comfy as possible & hope your Mum's surgery goes smoothly and she recovers quickly.
Is she near to you or in the UK? Will you be able to see her?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:53 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Kija...sorry missed your post this morning....
What a bu***r!!
Cant really add more the supportive comments already posted....except good luck and from us, please keep at it!!!
lol B x
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:21 pm
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by BEVS
Pay to have the NZQA full assessment fast tracked & all me fingers and toes are that this comes right quickly for you both.

Oh noes. Having it tough right , left and centre.
It's awful when our pets are ill. Hope they are as comfy as possible & hope your Mum's surgery goes smoothly and she recovers quickly.
Is she near to you or in the UK? Will you be able to see her?
Thanks Bevs Have to give one of the dogs sbucutaneous injections daily, it's a nightmare, my hands shake and I get so nervous!

My mum's here with us, she's had a couple of major surgeries in the last couple of years, we hope this one's just minor and she gets through it alright, she's 82

When I put it all into perspective, I really do have a lot to be thankful for, the dogs are stable these days and hopefully my mum will be fine. New Zealand will always be there, it's not a matter of life and death
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:22 pm
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by MnB
Oh Kija...sorry missed your post this morning....
What a bu***r!!
Cant really add more the supportive comments already posted....except good luck and from us, please keep at it!!!
lol B x
Thanks B! Best of luck to you too
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds as if you rushed the EOI.
If you had waited for your qualifications to be assesed then that would have gone onto the EOI, claiming points for them!

Am I mistaken here????
Old Oct 16th 2009, 9:57 am
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Sounds as if you rushed the EOI.
If you had waited for your qualifications to be assesed then that would have gone onto the EOI, claiming points for them!

Am I mistaken here????
I'm beginning to think that may be the case. We didn't do our EOI, our resident advisor did. I was a bit skeptical she didn't ask for an NZQA assessment first too, and when they asked for our documents etc to be assessed they didn't give us enough time to have it all sent before their deadline so we were chucked back into the pool. Let's hope on the 21st they accept 110 points! good luck to you too!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:19 am
We're HERE!!!

Advisor says were were selected again (though I haven't seen it in the news section of the site). She was very nonchalant about it, me, I was bouncing around the house in joy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.