Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:45 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

Ok so we were selected, and now we've been asked to send all our documents to be assessed by NZQA. Our advisor seems pretty optimistic about it all but we've been reading that some people who were selected were put back into the pool after being assessed by NZQA. Does this occur often? How many people received their ITA and how many didn't after being selected?

My concern is my OH is on the skills list (IT and telecom) but his degree was in business, could this jeopardise our chances? Any insight much appreciated!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the chances of being thrown back into the EOI pool?

Why would they put you back into the EOI pool. There are another 650 (average) EOI each 2 weeks submitted. I would assume you would need to apply again. Probably with something solid like a job offer.

We are going through EOI application at the moment. Nothing submitted! A job offer would secure it for us for sure.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Why would they put you back into the EOI pool. There are another 650 (average) EOI each 2 weeks submitted. I would assume you would need to apply again. Probably with something solid like a job offer.

We are going through EOI application at the moment. Nothing submitted! A job offer would secure it for us for sure.

This is from the NZ Immigration website, regarding the process for EOI's and the selection.

'An EOI is current for a period of six months from the date of submission to the pool. If selection(s) of EOIs occur within the six-month period and yours is not selected, we will automatically withdraw your EOI at the end of the six-month period. If your EOI is selected from the pool but later returned to the pool by an immigration or visa officer (for example if you are not awarded some of the points you claimed, but still have at least 100 points), your EOI will also be automatically withdrawn from the pool, six months from the date it was first submitted'.

If your EOI is withdrawn, you can submit another one if you wish.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I was wrong! My apologies.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:51 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. Oh dear now I'm even more worried... they don't chuck us back into the pool because of OH's degree..it all boils down to how NZQA assesses his degree and certificates.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:18 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija
Thanks everyone. Oh dear now I'm even more worried... they don't chuck us back into the pool because of OH's degree..it all boils down to how NZQA assesses his degree and certificates.
Good luck Kija

Dewb x
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Ok so we were selected, and now we've been asked to send all our documents to be assessed by NZQA. Our advisor seems pretty optimistic about it all but we've been reading that some people who were selected were put back into the pool after being assessed by NZQA. Does this occur often? How many people received their ITA and how many didn't after being selected?

My concern is my OH is on the skills list (IT and telecom) but his degree was in business, could this jeopardise our chances? Any insight much appreciated!
Hello Kija
We were thrown back in the first time.
We submitted with points claimed for work experience and for the qualification in 'e-commerce' which had been qualified by NZQA before submission at level 8.
We were accepted straight away. Then they decided that his skills in IT and 10 years work experience werent complimented by the qualification in 'E-commerce' therefore we couldnt be acccepted. This process took around 5 months so by the time we were thrown back in there were 2 more draws and then we were automatically withdrawn.
We had a bit of wrangling with a C/O because the EOi states 'experience or qualification in an area of skill shortage' seems to turn out that one isnt worth anything without the other. It was then that we realised we had to get a job offer to be able to stand any chance at all. I think when we submitted this time they allowed the points for work experience, qualification and job offer all together with a ridiculus amount of points we sailed through.
There is an electrician somewhere who has had a similar problem with his qualification not quite saying the right thing on the 'qualification title'.
They are a bit of a law until themselves.

Good luck x

Psycho
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:56 pm
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Good luck Kija

Dewb x
Thanks Dewb, you're very sweet How are you getting along with it all?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:59 pm
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Hello Kija
We were thrown back in the first time.
We submitted with points claimed for work experience and for the qualification in 'e-commerce' which had been qualified by NZQA before submission at level 8.
We were accepted straight away. Then they decided that his skills in IT and 10 years work experience werent complimented by the qualification in 'E-commerce' therefore we couldnt be acccepted. This process took around 5 months so by the time we were thrown back in there were 2 more draws and then we were automatically withdrawn.
We had a bit of wrangling with a C/O because the EOi states 'experience or qualification in an area of skill shortage' seems to turn out that one isnt worth anything without the other. It was then that we realised we had to get a job offer to be able to stand any chance at all. I think when we submitted this time they allowed the points for work experience, qualification and job offer all together with a ridiculus amount of points we sailed through.
There is an electrician somewhere who has had a similar problem with his qualification not quite saying the right thing on the 'qualification title'.
They are a bit of a law until themselves.

Good luck x

Psycho
Hi Pandy, thanks for the information, it's a bit daunting, especially after all the money we've spent it cost a fortune for us to get utility bills and other docs translated and certified plus the EOI costs and the advisor's fee.

But today we called our resident advisor and she really seems positive when I asked her if she was concerned about OH's degree she said "everything's negotiable", guess I'll have to wait and see!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Pandy, thanks for the information, it's a bit daunting, especially after all the money we've spent it cost a fortune for us to get utility bills and other docs translated and certified plus the EOI costs and the advisor's fee.

But today we called our resident advisor and she really seems positive when I asked her if she was concerned about OH's degree she said "everything's negotiable", guess I'll have to wait and see!
Good Luck Kija

will keep my eye on you - keep us updated x

All the best
Psycho x
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:07 pm
We're HERE!!!

Thanks Psycho! Who knows, maybe one day we'll meet up on the other side of the planet
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Psycho! Who knows, maybe one day we'll meet up on the other side of the planet
That would be cool - just dont forget to bring that egyptian sunshine along with you

Although then i guess it would be 'hot'
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:10 pm
We're HERE!!!

Speaking of Egyptian sunshine...I know I'm going to get clobbered for this but...I'm sick of sunshine! I miss a bit of gloom! It's sunny here almost 365 days a year We only have summer and a bit of autumn
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speaking of Egyptian sunshine...I know I'm going to get clobbered for this but...I'm sick of sunshine! I miss a bit of gloom! It's sunny here almost 365 days a year We only have summer and a bit of autumn
Yes - if you were closer to me i might clobber you myself!!!

Having said that, we went to sharm May 08 - and it was gorgeous - but i couldnt live and work in it - you deserve a medal if you work in that. I had all on laying by the pool and playing with the kids in that heat - thank god for air con.

I suppose you are heading to the right place if you are off to NZ rather than australia. My other half is a bit wierd - although he doesnt like the winter he does like the feel of the changes of the seasons and that the years is progressing - like i said - hes wierd

Anything to report on the Immi front today?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:22 pm
We're HERE!!!

Sharm is nice but only in the winter, otherwise it's much too hot. I'd love to see some seasons for a change, and some gloom

Nothing new on the immigration front, still gathering all the documents etc to send them off to get our NZQA assessment plus some other documents the lawyer wants for immigration later. She seemed very optimistic when I called her last night Being the pessimist that I am, I always expect the worst!

The scary thing is, my brother in law was all set to do his medicals to go to Australia, he was in the final steps, and they went and changed something and now he won't be processed until 2012 I'm terrified NZIS does something like that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.