British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   We've been selected from the EOI pool!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/weve-been-selected-eoi-pool-630133/)

Kija Sep 10th 2009 7:30 pm

We've been selected from the EOI pool!!!

Just got an email from our RA and she says we've been selected from this fortnight's EOI selection thingie!!! Gosh it's SO exciting!!!! She says now they're going to verify all the info etc we sent is correct, then what happens? Can our dream be on its way to coming true???!! Dare I hope?!!!

Psychopandy Sep 10th 2009 7:35 pm

Re: We've been selected from the EOI pool!!!

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7920983)
Just got an email from our RA and she says we've been selected from this fortnight's EOI selection thingie!!! Gosh it's SO exciting!!!! She says now they're going to verify all the info etc we sent is correct, then what happens? Can our dream be on its way to coming true???!! Dare I hope?!!!

Well done :thumbup:
Next thing will be the ITA and being skint for the next 6 months :eek:
Whether you have submitted with a job offer or not will make the difference as to how long it takes to progress now ... and even then its a piece of string..

Congratulations on getting this far.

Kija Sep 10th 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks! Gosh it's all so exciting! We started out by wanting to go to Canada, then we started thinking of New Zealand but didn't think we had enough points, so as you can imagine we're absolutely thrilled we do!!!

We don't have a job offer, companies didn't give us the time of day, I hear you have to be there physically for them to take you seriously.

Psychopandy Sep 10th 2009 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7921007)
Thanks! Gosh it's all so exciting! We started out by wanting to go to Canada, then we started thinking of New Zealand but didn't think we had enough points, so as you can imagine we're absolutely thrilled we do!!!

We don't have a job offer, companies didn't give us the time of day, I hear you have to be there physically for them to take you seriously.

It certainly does help for them to be able to you face to face.
I think at the moment the employers can pick and choose as there are so many of us good people after all the same jobs.
My OH had to go get his job earlier on this year, thankfully, they are willing to wait until we have got all our paperwork before we head over there. So, as we sold our house last year, all we are waiting for now is to sort the INZ stuff. And im starting to think they are all :zzz: - but to be fair i have oly been waiting 2 weeks - i'm just crap at waiting :frown:

Dewb09 Sep 10th 2009 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7920983)

So pleased for you :thumbsup::thumbsup: great news & great to see you back :thumbup:. Good luck with your next step :fingerscrossed:

Dewb x

willand tina_h Sep 11th 2009 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 7921171)
So pleased for you :thumbsup::thumbsup: great news & great to see you back :thumbup:. Good luck with your next step :fingerscrossed:

Dewb x

well done!!! I hope it goes well for you.

Tina. x

Persephone Sep 11th 2009 11:22 am

Great news Kija:thumbsup:
Next step is receiving the ITA...hopefully sooner rather than later

Numptyhead Sep 11th 2009 1:22 pm

Hi

Well done....whilst you are waiting to be selected, start collating all your paperwork.
Birth, marriage, divorce certificates.

Passports up to date with plenty of time remaining

Name change deeds, proof of 'de facto' relationship for previous 12 months, photos etc.
If no longer with your childrens father, you must provide father's permission to take them out the country or court papers. If child born pre 2003 and you were not married to the father, you will need a Sworn statutory declaration stating that you have full parental responsibility and therefore permission not required

Degree transcripts. If partner not a degree holder, you will need a letter from their old school proving that they attended an english speaking senior school for 5 years.

It is amazing how time consuming it all is. This list is not exhaustive and will depend on given situations

IMO it is better to wait until you are selected or better still until you have your ITA before applying for your and partners Police certificates. For NZIS purposes they have to be less than 6 months old.

Don't leave any stone unturned.....Its all systems go....:rofl:

Best of luck

kejktfc Sep 11th 2009 3:46 pm

Got all the certificates (though had to send away for an original of my birth certificate as I only had the small duplicate one) and degree transcripts all ready. Did all OH's Degree stuff whilst collating for her Nursing Registration, and have all my education and degree paperwork.

Wife had to do the Police check for her registration so that is sorted, just got to get mine done.

Been through the ITA and now it is a case of awaiting my oh's registration and then we will go for the medicals and chest xrays....

Got all evidence for relationship.......all new passports a couple of years ago for a holiday in Italy.

I hope I have all things covered, no doubt something will come up, but, will keep plodding on......

p.s. - I did spend 20 years in the Military so I do like to get things organised well in advance :zzz::zzz:

kejktfc

Numptyhead Sep 11th 2009 3:54 pm

LOL, I was in the Police for 18 years before becoming a nurse......I does like to be organised too

Kija Sep 11th 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks everyone!

We have a lot of paperwork ready because we got those done for the move to Canada :o

Now it's a waiting game, I've seen people get their ITA in days and others have been waiting for a month or more. According to our RA you're not really there until you get PR approved as people get filtered up until then. The funny thing is our EOI was supposed to be lodged last time around but our RA's OH got swine flu and she didn't get to do it, turns out this time was to our advantage as they chose more people in our level or situation! :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone with their stuff, it's exciting yet nerve wracking! Hope that one day soon all of us writing here from outside of New Zealand will be there very soon!!! :thumbsup: