British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Were you selected from the pool June or July? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/were-you-selected-pool-june-july-485059/)

zummerzet_lou Oct 3rd 2007 1:19 pm

Were you selected from the pool June or July?

If so, have you heard anything re. your EOI?

We are now 11 weeks into our wait (Just to re-cap, 140 points, no job offer), and seriously considering chasing things up now.

Anyone else in a similar position? any news on your application?

A very stressed out Lou.

KIRSTIE Oct 3rd 2007 1:39 pm

Re: Were you selected from the pool June or July?

hi lou
i had to wait nearly the full 3 months for mine also,

i know that this is not the answer you are looking for , but if it puts your mind at rest give them a ring,

do you keep checking on the website to see if you have any messages etc??

i will send you some karma

with regards

kirstie

zummerzet_lou Oct 3rd 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks Kirstie ...

I know I should just sit it out, just wish they'd say "we'll process your application in 3 weeks time", rather than me spending every day thinking "Is today the day?"

Ho hum .. back to checking the website then ....

KIRSTIE Oct 3rd 2007 2:26 pm

hi lou

i know what you mean i am waiting for stuff to come back from NZQA and it takes an age, i have chased them up and just got told it is on the pile waiting to be done. i wished we had paid the extra £50 for the express route.

hope you get some positive news

with regards

kirstie

P2L Oct 4th 2007 4:34 am

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 5381765)

We are now 11 weeks into our wait (Just to re-cap, 140 points, no job offer), and seriously considering chasing things up now.

A very stressed out Lou.

Email them Lou. You are probably sat in someones in-tray ;)

simon-nall Oct 4th 2007 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 5381765)

A very stressed out Lou.

Hi,
We were pulled out of the pool in June and we were given 4 month to apply for our visa, and we sent the paper work in mid September, If you have been selected from the pool with you EOI, the you should have received you INZ application about 2 week after been selected. Due to the way of the UK post it may be lost some were you need to contact NZ immigration first ASAP. You also need to check on the NZ web site just to confirm that you have been selected

Good luck hope all goes well and i hope this helps

johnnz Oct 4th 2007 9:33 pm

Hi if its any consolation my eoi with 115 points was selected for further checking and and the status said selected on the website.
I then got an email saying I only had 105 points.
Now my eoi status has changed from selected to submitted and I,ve heard nothing more so it seems to be 1 step forward 2 steps back.Dont know where I,m at!!

zummerzet_lou Oct 8th 2007 6:22 am

Originally Posted by johnnz (Post 5387949)
Hi if its any consolation my eoi with 115 points was selected for further checking and and the status said selected on the website.
I then got an email saying I only had 105 points.
Now my eoi status has changed from selected to submitted and I,ve heard nothing more so it seems to be 1 step forward 2 steps back.Dont know where I,m at!!

wohooo!

checked the website on Thursday evening and it said "Decision successful", so now it's all systems go organising everything for our ITA!!

Fantastic feeling!

newzealandplease Oct 8th 2007 7:07 am

Brill :) :)

We were selected out in August, no news yet. Went to NZ over September and secured a job, waiting for the paper proof of the job offer to arrive and then can hopefully move things along, I'm truely not enjoying being back in the UK, if it wan't for family and the house to sell I'm sure I'd have got a working visa and not come home!. This time of year ain't going to be the best for selling a house in the UK though :(

KIRSTIE Oct 8th 2007 8:19 am

hi lou

i am really pleased that you have some news at last and positive as well, as least you can get on with planning the ITA paperwork. :thumbsup:

good luck

kirstie

P2L Oct 9th 2007 3:31 am

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 5399747)
wohooo!

checked the website on Thursday evening and it said "Decision successful", so now it's all systems go organising everything for our ITA!!

Fantastic feeling!

Congratulations :thumbsup:

BEVS Oct 9th 2007 10:26 pm

Yes. Very many congratulations.

My Hungarian family are still waiting .

simon-nall Oct 14th 2007 11:16 pm

:unsure:

Originally Posted by newzealandplease (Post 5399865)
Brill :) :)

We were selected out in August, no news yet. Went to NZ over September and secured a job, waiting for the paper proof of the job offer to arrive and then can hopefully move things along, I'm truely not enjoying being back in the UK, if it wan't for family and the house to sell I'm sure I'd have got a working visa and not come home!. This time of year ain't going to be the best for selling a house in the UK though :(

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

This is the time to start the police check first it take for ever to get this, the next is make sure any all your qualifications are recognised, work history, x rays, medicals, and to help with you ITA you could do with a offer of employment. Well good look with you application.