Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

We're already here on a WTR visa - but what's the next step?

We're already here on a WTR visa - but what's the next step?

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default We're already here on a WTR visa - but what's the next step?

Our current WTR visa's are valid til November 2011, and I believe we are able to apply for PR once we have been in the country for 2 years which will be July 2011. We do plan on going for PR, but can someone tell me what I have to do - do we have to do the whole Expression of Interest thing and wait for them to decide if we are worth while keeping here? Or as we're already here do we just go straight & apply for PR... Having just read another post I noticed there is an INZ branch in Hamilton so I will have to call in to query after XMas but I wondered if any kind person on here could give me any further info...

Thanks. And Merry Christmas
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 2:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: We're already here on a WTR visa - but what's the next step?

You will need to download and fill in form NZIS 1000

It is to the lower right of THIS PAGE under forms and guides.

I'll try and link to it HERE
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of
Default Re: We're already here on a WTR visa - but what's the next step?

Originally Posted by BEVS
You will need to download and fill in form NZIS 1000

It is to the lower right of THIS PAGE under forms and guides.

I'll try and link to it HERE
Many thanks Bevs