British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Well they didn't give me a WTR permit... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/well-they-didnt-give-me-wtr-permit-491161/)

Maz Nov 2nd 2007 5:36 am

Well they didn't give me a WTR permit...

I just got a general work permit, valid for two years. My case officer said it's because I needed it quickly, so they just got it to me more quickly. She also implored me to submit our EOI a.s.a.p. as the next draw is next Wednesday. So I just did, with 210 points this time, woo hoooooo! :eek: :thumbup: :beer:

sarahlou2411 Nov 2nd 2007 7:43 pm

Re: Well they didn't give me a WTR permit...

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5500308)
I just got a general work permit, valid for two years. My case officer said it's because I needed it quickly, so they just got it to me more quickly. She also implored me to submit our EOI a.s.a.p. as the next draw is next Wednesday. So I just did, with 210 points this time, woo hoooooo! :eek: :thumbup: :beer:

Congratulations on your permit Maz :thumbsup: Did they inform you that you will have to pay again and do the medicals over for your residency?? It seems to be something they drop on your toes :blink:

Maz Nov 2nd 2007 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by sarahlou2411 (Post 5502762)
Congratulations on your permit Maz :thumbsup: Did they inform you that you will have to pay again and do the medicals over for your residency?? It seems to be something they drop on your toes :blink:

Oh yeah, no worries there. They didn't return my medical info so that was a bit of a giveaway. ;) They expire in mid-Dec anyway. I think me and daughter will have to do them over, but we're just going to get an extended visitors visa for hubby.

andrewmenet Nov 6th 2007 9:44 am

Hey mate what do you do for a living to get it so fast.

I'm having an interview tomorrow then if I get the job will need a work visa.

I work in IT the job on offer is IT Support Analyst

Maz Nov 6th 2007 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by andrewmenet (Post 5517275)
Hey mate what do you do for a living to get it so fast.

I'm having an interview tomorrow then if I get the job will need a work visa.

I work in IT the job on offer is IT Support Analyst

I'm a database designer and developer, so also in IT. They're so short of IT people here you'll be fine. :thumbup: Whereabouts are you now?

andrewmenet Nov 6th 2007 7:11 pm

in the uk I have a confence call tomorrow for a analyst role.

happynz Nov 6th 2007 7:12 pm

Good luck Andrew.

Maz Nov 7th 2007 4:57 am

Best of luck! Where is the job? In Wellington there tends to be a bit more IT work due to the government being based there and all. :) :thumbup:

sarahlou2411 Nov 7th 2007 5:26 am

Originally Posted by andrewmenet (Post 5519654)
in the uk I have a confence call tomorrow for a analyst role.

cool :thumbsup:

andrewmenet Nov 7th 2007 7:49 am

Job is in Auckland hope I get it!

11ThousandMilesFromHome Nov 7th 2007 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5500308)

Hey Maz
How did your EOI go...can't remember seeing an update for it:wub:
Mandie

Maz Nov 7th 2007 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome (Post 5522977)
Hey Maz
How did your EOI go...can't remember seeing an update for it:wub:
Mandie

Sorry Mandie it's in Wiz & Ton's thread with the big smiley face. :D We got selected yesterday with 210 points woo hoo! :D :thumbup:

11ThousandMilesFromHome Nov 7th 2007 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5524500)
Sorry Mandie it's in Wiz & Ton's thread with the big smiley face. :D We got selected yesterday with 210 points woo hoo! :D :thumbup:

Thought you would do with that many points...hope you get your ITA soon and that it won't be long til you get your little blue stickies

fingers crossed for you
Mandie :wub:

Maz Nov 8th 2007 4:33 am

Awww thanks Mandie! :wub: