British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   We have been approved!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/we-have-been-approved-661931/)

paul.singh Sep 29th 2010 7:57 pm

Re: We have been approved!!!!

My OH is the primary applicant and Pat billet is our CO. I'm sure a few of you can relate to that. She asked us to pick a few times for the interview. we gave ourselves about a weeks time. Hope its not negative impression.

OH is into IT. whats the criteria for PR vs WTR ??
Help !!

The Jezzers Sep 30th 2010 7:57 am

Congratulations! Great news. All the best.
Just in time Summer is here in NZ. Beautiful,:thumbsup::drinkwine: surf is up.

paul.singh Oct 4th 2010 4:24 pm

Hey, Jezzers !

Yeahh thas good to hear. So what do you think about job prospects in IT area.

We have an interview on thursday. Thanks for the wishes.
Looks like people get WTR without having a job offer !! ya ??

Shall keep posted.

Paul

sudarshan1001 Oct 11th 2010 5:07 am

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 8494965)
Great news, we are going to submit EOI in June once I take some accounting exams, can I ask were you selected with no job offer and no skills shortage points? We would have 130 max but without either of the above too and am interested to know if anyone is getting picked that low down the pecking order so to speak?

They were picking that low last year, but for some reason this year it hasnt got down that far - any ideas

Hope everything goes well for you:thumbsup:

@ ellenarosemary. I saw your post was wondering if you have progressed and submitted EOI. For your information I launched my EOI 5th october 2010, claiming 115 points (no job offer but skills in demand) got selected but still waiting for a successful status and invitation.I guess 130 point would be a comfortable pick if your skills is in the demand list.

ellenarosemary Oct 11th 2010 8:19 am

Thanks for the reply, no not yet submitted an EOI, as didnt think it was worth it at the moment without a job offer. Can I ask what skills shortage you went in on? We are also possibly looking for a business (I ran one for 8 years) but would prefer to get in via a job as its a lot quicker route to PR.

BEVS Oct 11th 2010 8:52 am

Originally Posted by paul.singh (Post 8895039)
Hey, Jezzers !

Looks like people get WTR without having a job offer !! ya ??

Shall keep posted.

Paul

That is the way a WTR via the SMC works. If they are not sure about settlement or viability to sustain oneself they will offer WTR instead of PR.

sudarshan1001 Oct 11th 2010 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by sudarshan1001 (Post 8910065)
@ ellenarosemary. I saw your post was wondering if you have progressed and submitted EOI. For your information I launched my EOI 5th october 2010, claiming 115 points (no job offer but skills in demand) got selected but still waiting for a successful status and invitation.I guess 130 point would be a comfortable pick if your skills is in the demand list.

ICT Information and communication Technology