British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   We have been approved!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/we-have-been-approved-661931/)

DavenHelen Mar 30th 2010 8:59 pm

We have been approved!!!!

Hi all

We had an interview with our Visa officer this morning which went very well :)
-Many thanks to Flowerpot's thread on 'phone interview questions' !
We were told we would have a decision by the end of the week, had an email mid afternoon to say our status has now changed to approved!!!!

Oyster Bay is now flowing

Our dream is going to happen and we can't wait :thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone whatever stage you are at

Dave and Helenx

killercat Mar 30th 2010 9:20 pm

Re: We have been approved!!!!

Congrats guys, that was very quick from submitting your ITA! you must be well chuffed. If you dont mind me asking who was ur case officer? mine appears to be very slow. :drinkwine:

DavenHelen Mar 30th 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks, yes we are well chuffed and equally amazed at our timeline,
really not sure if the fact that we both previously worked in Auckland on working holiday visa ( < 30) and medicals went through has assisted in the speed of our application.
The Visa Officer who went through all the questions was Tom Firth.
Thanks
D&H

killercat Mar 30th 2010 9:55 pm

Well however it happened all the best to you both, you'll have a blast. My Case officer is Pat Billet who seams really nice but a tad slow lol

Am Loolah Mar 31st 2010 5:51 am

Congratulations! Great news.:thumbsup:

Celticknight Mar 31st 2010 5:57 am

Congratulations from us too.....

neilspokes Mar 31st 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by DavenHelen (Post 8461023)
Hi all

We had an interview with our Visa officer this morning which went very well :)
-Many thanks to Flowerpot's thread on 'phone interview questions' !
We were told we would have a decision by the end of the week, had an email mid afternoon to say our status has now changed to approved!!!!

Oyster Bay is now flowing

Our dream is going to happen and we can't wait :thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone whatever stage you are at

Dave and Helenx

Congratulations both that was really quick. we were selected the same time as you with 125 points and no job offer unfortunately we had to go and get my wifes qualifications assessed and go back in the pool and since then it hasnt dropped low enough and we havent got points for skills shortage, but still seeing your result gives us hope. Hooray for you and hope to see you on the other side soon.:thumbsup:

ibex Mar 31st 2010 9:15 am

Originally Posted by killercat (Post 8461173)
Well however it happened all the best to you both, you'll have a blast. My Case officer is Pat Billet who seams really nice but a tad slow lol

Because she is dealing with my application :p

killercat Apr 13th 2010 9:56 pm

Hi Ibex, have you had much contact with her? what stage are you at?

Persephone Apr 14th 2010 3:07 am

Congratulations DavenHelen!

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 14th 2010 4:31 am

CONGRATULATIONS!:drinkwine:

ibex Apr 14th 2010 6:39 am

Originally Posted by killercat (Post 8493850)
Hi Ibex, have you had much contact with her? what stage are you at?

Not much, two emails and the interview. She's really nice. We've been approved last week. :D

She's on holiday leave this week (I know because I asked her for the passports to be renewed before visas are issued and I got out of office reply).

I am sure everything will be fine, I know how you feel.

ellenarosemary Apr 14th 2010 9:21 am

Great news, we are going to submit EOI in June once I take some accounting exams, can I ask were you selected with no job offer and no skills shortage points? We would have 130 max but without either of the above too and am interested to know if anyone is getting picked that low down the pecking order so to speak?

They were picking that low last year, but for some reason this year it hasnt got down that far - any ideas

Hope everything goes well for you:thumbsup:

teeym Apr 14th 2010 9:58 am

CONGRATULATIONS DAVENHELEN!!!

killercat Apr 14th 2010 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by ibex (Post 8494682)
Not much, two emails and the interview. She's really nice. We've been approved last week. :D

She's on holiday leave this week (I know because I asked her for the passports to be renewed before visas are issued and I got out of office reply).

I am sure everything will be fine, I know how you feel.

Thanx Ibex,
will hopefully be seeing you in Chch soon. :cool::fingerscrossed:

paul.singh Sep 29th 2010 7:57 pm

My OH is the primary applicant and Pat billet is our CO. I'm sure a few of you can relate to that. She asked us to pick a few times for the interview. we gave ourselves about a weeks time. Hope its not negative impression.

OH is into IT. whats the criteria for PR vs WTR ??
Help !!

The Jezzers Sep 30th 2010 7:57 am

Congratulations! Great news. All the best.
Just in time Summer is here in NZ. Beautiful,:thumbsup::drinkwine: surf is up.

paul.singh Oct 4th 2010 4:24 pm

Hey, Jezzers !

Yeahh thas good to hear. So what do you think about job prospects in IT area.

We have an interview on thursday. Thanks for the wishes.
Looks like people get WTR without having a job offer !! ya ??

Shall keep posted.

Paul

sudarshan1001 Oct 11th 2010 5:07 am

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary (Post 8494965)
Great news, we are going to submit EOI in June once I take some accounting exams, can I ask were you selected with no job offer and no skills shortage points? We would have 130 max but without either of the above too and am interested to know if anyone is getting picked that low down the pecking order so to speak?

They were picking that low last year, but for some reason this year it hasnt got down that far - any ideas

Hope everything goes well for you:thumbsup:

@ ellenarosemary. I saw your post was wondering if you have progressed and submitted EOI. For your information I launched my EOI 5th october 2010, claiming 115 points (no job offer but skills in demand) got selected but still waiting for a successful status and invitation.I guess 130 point would be a comfortable pick if your skills is in the demand list.

ellenarosemary Oct 11th 2010 8:19 am

Thanks for the reply, no not yet submitted an EOI, as didnt think it was worth it at the moment without a job offer. Can I ask what skills shortage you went in on? We are also possibly looking for a business (I ran one for 8 years) but would prefer to get in via a job as its a lot quicker route to PR.

BEVS Oct 11th 2010 8:52 am

Originally Posted by paul.singh (Post 8895039)
Hey, Jezzers !

Looks like people get WTR without having a job offer !! ya ??

Shall keep posted.

Paul

That is the way a WTR via the SMC works. If they are not sure about settlement or viability to sustain oneself they will offer WTR instead of PR.

sudarshan1001 Oct 11th 2010 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by sudarshan1001 (Post 8910065)
@ ellenarosemary. I saw your post was wondering if you have progressed and submitted EOI. For your information I launched my EOI 5th october 2010, claiming 115 points (no job offer but skills in demand) got selected but still waiting for a successful status and invitation.I guess 130 point would be a comfortable pick if your skills is in the demand list.

ICT Information and communication Technology