British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   We got ITA? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/we-got-ita-639020/)

Kija Nov 10th 2009 10:07 pm

Re: We got ITA?

Thanks B :wub:

H x.

gms Dec 4th 2009 6:40 am

hi Kija,

i'm scared after hearing the timeliness the shanghai branch take to process the applications and the fact that they mostly offer WTR instead of PR.

i recently got my ITA as well and need to lodge the app to Shanghai:eek::eek:

has they assigned a CO to your application by now? or still u haven't lodged it?

gms

BEVS Dec 5th 2009 5:32 am

For timelines, please look at people's signatures. We don't and will not do threads on timelines here.

Kija.

Am looking for a good outcome my friend.

Kija Dec 5th 2009 8:12 am

Originally Posted by gms (Post 8145578)
hi Kija,

i'm scared after hearing the timeliness the shanghai branch take to process the applications and the fact that they mostly offer WTR instead of PR.

i recently got my ITA as well and need to lodge the app to Shanghai:eek::eek:

has they assigned a CO to your application by now? or still u haven't lodged it?

gms

Hi gms, well we haven't lodged our ITA yet. I still have to lose some weight before we do our medicals. But like you I have read the Shanghai branch is notoriously slow :( But when I expressed my concerns to our agent she said it varies from case to case. I guess if New Zealand needs you, the process should be a bit faster. She said it depends on many factors. As for the WTR or PR that remains to be seen :eek: I hope we don't get WTR! But then WTR is better than nothing :rofl:

Kija Dec 5th 2009 8:13 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8147912)
For timelines, please look at people's signatures. We don't and will not do threads on timelines here.

Kija.

Am looking for a good outcome my friend.

:wub:
Thanks Bevs, I really appreciate it :wub:

ibex Dec 8th 2009 10:35 am

If it helps, I have same concerns with WTR (though with London branch). What are your plans in this case? I think it may be the best to go there alone and look for a job and activate family after everything is settled. It is a bit risky to move (and sell) everything. I haven't figured out what to do with my recent job in the meantime yet (and with max 20 days holiday leave I don't have many options, I'm afraid).

In regard of IELTS, I took out Scott's English Success last year for my IELTS test. As you will find it is not the structure, vocabulary nor grammar that kills you but very limited time. So some training in this sense may be necessary.