We got ITA?

Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:51 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default We got ITA?

Advisor just emailed to say we got an ITA?
She forwarded this:

The Henderson Branch in New Zealand has assessed your client’s Expression of Interest and issued your client an Invitation to Apply. Your client’s application, however, will be assessed at our Shanghai Branch and your client’s file will be forwarded there shortly.

The Invitation to Apply pack will be sent to your address in Wellington New Zealand from this office today and you should receive it by tomorrow.

Should you have any queries regarding your client’s file then you must direct it to the receiving Branch in Shanghai. Details are provided in the letter.

Regards

Henderson Branch
EOI Team
When I googled the Shanghai branch I noticed 2 common things:
1. It can take a year to process (we don't mind that).
2. It seems many of the applicants got WTR instead of PR, that we do mind as it means not having much time to get everything sorted! And of course the pressure to get a job within 9 months (?)

When I expressed my concerns to our advisor she seemed pretty sure we wouldn't get WTR she said because OH is a skilled migrant (ICT) they would (definitely) offer him PR. But then I've read that anyone can get WTR regardless of whether they are skilled migrants or not. I'm a bit scared. With every stage of the process there are so many worries
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We got ITA?

Well thats top news!!!
Onwards and upwards
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Well done Kija
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:36 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Luke, Jo & garfield Strangely enough I'm not as thrilled as I was when our EOI got selected, maybe it's because all we got is an email from our advisor whereas with the EOI we got a selection letter from INZ. I'm also terribly worried after what I've been reading about the Shanghai branch (largest percentage of rejections & very slow processing Oh well, advisor seems optimistic, hopefully she knows better
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:06 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kija

She forwarded this:

2. It seems many of the applicants got WTR instead of PR, that we do mind as it means not having much time to get everything sorted! And of course the pressure to get a job within 9 months (?)

When I expressed my concerns to our advisor she seemed pretty sure we wouldn't get WTR she said because OH is a skilled migrant (ICT) they would (definitely) offer him PR. But then I've read that anyone can get WTR regardless of whether they are skilled migrants or not. I'm a bit scared. With every stage of the process there are so many worries
kija, thats great news for you you must be thrilled??

Well done,
Tina. x
Old Nov 7th 2009, 9:25 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Kija That's great news, one more step closer...

Try not to worry about the things you cannot influence such as which visa you get-easier said than done, I know. I haven't seen many on here get WTR instead of PR if that helps
Sue
Old Nov 7th 2009, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

She forwarded this:

Congratulations Kija - everything goes quickly for you
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:34 pm
We're HERE!!!

Thanks everyone

Tina, thanks! Well we are thrilled but also worried, especially after reading many doom and gloom posts here and on other forums Also worried about the next steps: will our ITA be accepted, medicals etc.. you know how it is!

Sue you're right, there's nothing we can do, but it seems many WTR's are issued from the Shanghai branch so that's a bit worrying. Advisor just told us that INZ strongly advises we do IELTS and that we're both going to be interviewed

Thanks ragdolls how is your application getting along?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:36 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck will be thinking of you, especially as we have a Rugby match to go to

Dxx

Thanks everyone

Tina, thanks! Well we are thrilled but also worried, especially after reading many doom and gloom posts here and on other forums Also worried about the next steps: will our ITA be accepted, medicals etc.. you know how it is!

Sue you're right, there's nothing we can do, but it seems many WTR's are issued from the Shanghai branch so that's a bit worrying. Advisor just told us that INZ strongly advises we do IELTS and that we're both going to be interviewed

Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:40 pm
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by Dewb09
good luck will be thinking of you, especially as we have a Rugby match to go to

Dxx

Thanks Dewb!
I'm looking forward to going to that Rugby match so I'll hold you to it if I ever get there

How are things coming along on your side?
H x
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone

Hi Kija - application going slow!! just waiting to hear from MA re: OH liver tests so in the mean time trying to just get on with life because we can't hurry this up - in lap of the gods so to speak!! Don't worry to much about the IELTS - I think you will only need to take the general test if its for immigration. There is a speaking test ( you are given a topic and have to talk about it for 2 minutes ( you can make notes) then the examiner asks you general questions. The listening test requires you to answer questions from a tape ( you do get enough time to check you answers) The reading test i think is the hardest but if you look on the internet you can get free timed tests ( strongly recommend you do this to help you manage your time in the test) and the writing test is easy. Best of luck if you do need to sit it.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone

Congrats Kija on your ITA!

I shouldn't worry about getting the PR - if you ahve enough points and are on the skilled migrants list, you should be OK.

that you don't get dangled too long with this!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:21 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cadibel

I shouldn't worry about getting the PR - if you ahve enough points and are on the skilled migrants list, you should be OK.

Awh Kija, you will get there, the process can be drawn out for some of us, but determination and commitment will get you there, will send you a bit of what I have had to help you get through it

all will work out, the horrible thing is, that as said above you are trying to get on with life, however, it is so difficult as we all want this so much.

Tina. x
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:54 pm
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by ragdolls2
Hi Kija - application going slow!! just waiting to hear from MA re: OH liver tests so in the mean time trying to just get on with life because we can't hurry this up - in lap of the gods so to speak!! Don't worry to much about the IELTS - I think you will only need to take the general test if its for immigration. There is a speaking test ( you are given a topic and have to talk about it for 2 minutes ( you can make notes) then the examiner asks you general questions. The listening test requires you to answer questions from a tape ( you do get enough time to check you answers) The reading test i think is the hardest but if you look on the internet you can get free timed tests ( strongly recommend you do this to help you manage your time in the test) and the writing test is easy. Best of luck if you do need to sit it.
MA gets back with good news for you Ragdolls! It's very frustrating all this waiting and not knowing isn't it We're looking at test samples to prepare for the IELTS (well we will when OH finishes his shifts at work). I remember sitting for the TOEFL and doing ok so I hope this will be the same, my English has deteriorated tremendously since I left university thanks for the good wishes!

Many thanks Cadibel!

Awh Kija, you will get there, the process can be drawn out for some of us, but determination and commitment will get you there, will send you a bit of what I have had to help you get through it

all will work out, the horrible thing is, that as said above you are trying to get on with life, however, it is so difficult as we all want this so much.

Tina. x
Tina speaking of determination and commitment I have to say you're my role model As for getting on with life, it seems to be getting on with itself somehow, lots of things happening, mostly sad/bad, my ex's 40 year sister just passed away sort of puts things into perspective.

H x.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:28 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Kija...sorry you've had a sad/bad news week and for the sad loss of someone who was much too young (((hugs))) and yes it does make you look at life differently ...lol

Dont be worried about your written english!!.... your much better than I am at expressing yourself!! and if your spoken english is as good you should be ok with that too!!

Take care & hope your week improves
B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.