British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   We got ITA? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/we-got-ita-639020/)

Kija Nov 4th 2009 9:51 am

We got ITA?

:blink:

Advisor just emailed to say we got an ITA?
She forwarded this:

The Henderson Branch in New Zealand has assessed your client’s Expression of Interest and issued your client an Invitation to Apply. Your client’s application, however, will be assessed at our Shanghai Branch and your client’s file will be forwarded there shortly.

The Invitation to Apply pack will be sent to your address in Wellington New Zealand from this office today and you should receive it by tomorrow.

Should you have any queries regarding your client’s file then you must direct it to the receiving Branch in Shanghai. Details are provided in the letter.

Regards

Henderson Branch
EOI Team
When I googled the Shanghai branch I noticed 2 common things:
1. It can take a year to process (we don't mind that).
2. It seems many of the applicants got WTR instead of PR, that we do mind as it means not having much time to get everything sorted! :eek: And of course the pressure to get a job within 9 months (?)

When I expressed my concerns to our advisor she seemed pretty sure we wouldn't get WTR she said because OH is a skilled migrant (ICT) they would (definitely) offer him PR. But then I've read that anyone can get WTR regardless of whether they are skilled migrants or not. I'm a bit scared. With every stage of the process there are so many worries :eek:

LukeandJo Nov 4th 2009 12:02 pm

Re: We got ITA?

Well thats top news!!!
Onwards and upwards

garfield250 Nov 4th 2009 7:32 pm

Well done Kija :thumbsup::fingerscrossed:

Kija Nov 4th 2009 7:36 pm

Thanks Luke, Jo & garfield :D Strangely enough I'm not as thrilled as I was when our EOI got selected, maybe it's because all we got is an email from our advisor whereas with the EOI we got a selection letter from INZ. I'm also terribly worried after what I've been reading about the Shanghai branch (largest percentage of rejections & very slow processing :eek: Oh well, advisor seems optimistic, hopefully she knows better :lol: :fingerscrossed:

willand tina_h Nov 6th 2009 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 8069981)

She forwarded this:

2. It seems many of the applicants got WTR instead of PR, that we do mind as it means not having much time to get everything sorted! :eek: And of course the pressure to get a job within 9 months (?)

When I expressed my concerns to our advisor she seemed pretty sure we wouldn't get WTR she said because OH is a skilled migrant (ICT) they would (definitely) offer him PR. But then I've read that anyone can get WTR regardless of whether they are skilled migrants or not. I'm a bit scared. With every stage of the process there are so many worries :eek:

kija, thats great news for you :thumbsup: you must be thrilled??

Well done,
Tina. x

Persephone Nov 7th 2009 9:25 am

Congratulations Kija:thumbsup: That's great news, one more step closer...

Try not to worry about the things you cannot influence such as which visa you get-easier said than done, I know. I haven't seen many on here get WTR instead of PR if that helps;)
Sue:D

ragdolls2 Nov 7th 2009 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 8069981)

She forwarded this:

Congratulations Kija - :fingerscrossed: everything goes quickly for you

Kija Nov 9th 2009 3:34 pm

Thanks everyone :D

Tina, thanks! Well we are thrilled but also worried, especially after reading many doom and gloom posts here and on other forums :ohmy: Also worried about the next steps: will our ITA be accepted, medicals etc.. you know how it is! :eek:

Sue:) you're right, there's nothing we can do, but it seems many WTR's are issued from the Shanghai branch so that's a bit worrying. Advisor just told us that INZ strongly advises we do IELTS and that we're both going to be interviewed :eek:

Thanks ragdolls :) how is your application getting along?

Dewb09 Nov 9th 2009 3:36 pm

:fingerscrossed: good luck will be thinking of you, especially as we have a Rugby match to go to :eek::rofl:

Dxx

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 8084302)

Tina, thanks! Well we are thrilled but also worried, especially after reading many doom and gloom posts here and on other forums :ohmy: Also worried about the next steps: will our ITA be accepted, medicals etc.. you know how it is! :eek:

Sue:) you're right, there's nothing we can do, but it seems many WTR's are issued from the Shanghai branch so that's a bit worrying. Advisor just told us that INZ strongly advises we do IELTS and that we're both going to be interviewed :eek:

Kija Nov 9th 2009 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8084310)
:fingerscrossed: good luck will be thinking of you, especially as we have a Rugby match to go to :eek::rofl:

Dxx

Thanks Dewb!
I'm looking forward to going to that Rugby match so I'll hold you to it if I ever get there :rofl:

How are things coming along on your side?
H x

ragdolls2 Nov 9th 2009 4:16 pm

Hi Kija - application going slow!! just waiting to hear from MA re: OH liver tests so in the mean time trying to just get on with life because we can't hurry this up - in lap of the gods so to speak!! Don't worry to much about the IELTS - I think you will only need to take the general test if its for immigration. There is a speaking test ( you are given a topic and have to talk about it for 2 minutes ( you can make notes) then the examiner asks you general questions. The listening test requires you to answer questions from a tape ( you do get enough time to check you answers) The reading test i think is the hardest but if you look on the internet you can get free timed tests ( strongly recommend you do this to help you manage your time in the test) and the writing test is easy. Best of luck if you do need to sit it.

Cadibel Nov 9th 2009 5:27 pm

Congrats Kija on your ITA!

I shouldn't worry about getting the PR - if you ahve enough points and are on the skilled migrants list, you should be OK.

:fingerscrossed:that you don't get dangled too long with this!

willand tina_h Nov 9th 2009 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Cadibel (Post 8084573)

I shouldn't worry about getting the PR - if you ahve enough points and are on the skilled migrants list, you should be OK.

:fingerscrossed:that you don't get dangled too long with this!

Awh Kija, you will get there, the process can be drawn out for some of us, but determination and commitment will get you there, will send you a bit of what I have had to help you get through it ;)

all will work out, the horrible thing is, that as said above you are trying to get on with life, however, it is so difficult as we all want this so much.

Tina. x :wub:

Kija Nov 10th 2009 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ragdolls2 (Post 8084390)
Hi Kija - application going slow!! just waiting to hear from MA re: OH liver tests so in the mean time trying to just get on with life because we can't hurry this up - in lap of the gods so to speak!! Don't worry to much about the IELTS - I think you will only need to take the general test if its for immigration. There is a speaking test ( you are given a topic and have to talk about it for 2 minutes ( you can make notes) then the examiner asks you general questions. The listening test requires you to answer questions from a tape ( you do get enough time to check you answers) The reading test i think is the hardest but if you look on the internet you can get free timed tests ( strongly recommend you do this to help you manage your time in the test) and the writing test is easy. Best of luck if you do need to sit it.

:fingerscrossed: MA gets back with good news for you Ragdolls! It's very frustrating all this waiting and not knowing isn't it :rolleyes: We're looking at test samples to prepare for the IELTS (well we will when OH finishes his shifts at work). I remember sitting for the TOEFL and doing ok so I hope this will be the same, my English has deteriorated tremendously since I left university :( thanks for the good wishes!

that you don't get dangled too long with this!
Many thanks Cadibel!

Awh Kija, you will get there, the process can be drawn out for some of us, but determination and commitment will get you there, will send you a bit of what I have had to help you get through it

all will work out, the horrible thing is, that as said above you are trying to get on with life, however, it is so difficult as we all want this so much.

Tina. x
Tina :) speaking of determination and commitment I have to say you're my role model :thumbup: As for getting on with life, it seems to be getting on with itself somehow, lots of things happening, mostly sad/bad, my ex's 40 year sister just passed away :( sort of puts things into perspective.

H x.

MnB Nov 10th 2009 9:28 pm

Awww Kija...sorry you've had a sad/bad news week and for the sad loss of someone who was much too young (((hugs))) and yes it does make you look at life differently ...lol

Dont be worried about your written english!!.... your much better than I am at expressing yourself!! and if your spoken english is as good you should be ok with that too!!

Take care & hope your week improves :lol:
B

Kija Nov 10th 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks B :wub:

H x.

gms Dec 4th 2009 6:40 am

hi Kija,

i'm scared after hearing the timeliness the shanghai branch take to process the applications and the fact that they mostly offer WTR instead of PR.

i recently got my ITA as well and need to lodge the app to Shanghai:eek::eek:

has they assigned a CO to your application by now? or still u haven't lodged it?

gms

BEVS Dec 5th 2009 5:32 am

For timelines, please look at people's signatures. We don't and will not do threads on timelines here.

Kija.

Am looking for a good outcome my friend.

Kija Dec 5th 2009 8:12 am

Originally Posted by gms (Post 8145578)
hi Kija,

i'm scared after hearing the timeliness the shanghai branch take to process the applications and the fact that they mostly offer WTR instead of PR.

i recently got my ITA as well and need to lodge the app to Shanghai:eek::eek:

has they assigned a CO to your application by now? or still u haven't lodged it?

gms

Hi gms, well we haven't lodged our ITA yet. I still have to lose some weight before we do our medicals. But like you I have read the Shanghai branch is notoriously slow :( But when I expressed my concerns to our agent she said it varies from case to case. I guess if New Zealand needs you, the process should be a bit faster. She said it depends on many factors. As for the WTR or PR that remains to be seen :eek: I hope we don't get WTR! But then WTR is better than nothing :rofl:

Kija Dec 5th 2009 8:13 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8147912)
For timelines, please look at people's signatures. We don't and will not do threads on timelines here.

Kija.

Am looking for a good outcome my friend.

:wub:
Thanks Bevs, I really appreciate it :wub:

ibex Dec 8th 2009 10:35 am

If it helps, I have same concerns with WTR (though with London branch). What are your plans in this case? I think it may be the best to go there alone and look for a job and activate family after everything is settled. It is a bit risky to move (and sell) everything. I haven't figured out what to do with my recent job in the meantime yet (and with max 20 days holiday leave I don't have many options, I'm afraid).

In regard of IELTS, I took out Scott's English Success last year for my IELTS test. As you will find it is not the structure, vocabulary nor grammar that kills you but very limited time. So some training in this sense may be necessary.