WAITING WAITING WAITING

Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default WAITING WAITING WAITING

My medical is with the MA they are saying it will be a 3-4 week wait for it to come back that was 2 weeks ago but I'm BORED of WAITING It's the only thing holding the visa's up now.

I know there are lots of us in the same boat and all feeling the same but do you sometimes feel like shouting HURRY UP!!! lol

Sorry having a want everything to happen right now day
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:40 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAITING WAITING WAITING

Aww hang in there your half way already you hear soon

Dewbxx
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:07 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
My medical is with the MA they are saying it will be a 3-4 week wait for it to come back that was 2 weeks ago but I'm BORED of WAITING It's the only thing holding the visa's up now.

I know there are lots of us in the same boat and all feeling the same but do you sometimes feel like shouting HURRY UP!!! lol

Sorry having a want everything to happen right now day
At least yours has got that far - despite the promise of being allocated a case officer within 4 months (17 weeks according to the Immi web sites current figures) we've just got to 19 weeks and have still heard bugger all except for the lightning quick response on the day it was delivered to tell us that the rates for submitting ITA's had changed and we owed them more cash.

We set Monday as our deadline date to start chasing them, so unless something happens in the next 2 hours, they will be getting a polite e-mail enquiring as to why their collective finger seems so firmly embedded in a certain nether orifice and wouldn't it be a nice idea to extricate it forthwith?

Just out of interest, we sent our medical in with the ITA, but the ITA was registered as lodged on 2nd November, whereas our medical is showing as received on 19th December. Is this normal or could there be the chance they have made a bit of a moo of things and are working to a timescale 6 weeks behind what I am expecting?

Anyway, keep the faith - I'm sure it will be good news all round in the VERY near future!!!

Last edited by teeym; Mar 12th 2010 at 2:11 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Teeym

Our ITA shows as being received on 24th Dec which it was the medical showed the same date then changed to 12 Feb. I think it was because Jim's was referred and has thankfully been given the all clear. Jim has a job offer I think you may be allocated quicker with an offer. Do you have a job offer ? I'd be climbing the walls by now really feel for you. Hope they get their finger out soon. I'd be on the phone at 9am Monday morning!! Good luck let us know how you get on.

Even when we get our visa's we can't got till our business is finally sold which we are hoping is going to happen within the next 2-3 months bloody mill stone round our neck
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:11 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Yes - definitely get quicker with a job offer. SWMBO has decided she wants to get the visa sorted first and then get on a job hunting trip out there, which is why I'm desperate to get a shift on - I want a holiday!

I will definitely be referred, so am already resigned to the fact there will be another month at least heaped on top of the process. Really don't mind so much about that as it will show that things are moving, but being stuck in limbo and hearing absolutely nothing is beginning to grate a little!

Will be keeping for you selling the business - do you have buyers in place? If so then at least every day brings the light at the end of the tunnel that little bit closer!!!

Anyway it's the weekend now, so not a lot will happen. I prescribe and to help ease the suffering!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teeym
Yes - definitely get quicker with a job offer. SWMBO has decided she wants to get the visa sorted first and then get on a job hunting trip out there, which is why I'm desperate to get a shift on - I want a holiday!

I will definitely be referred, so am already resigned to the fact there will be another month at least heaped on top of the process. Really don't mind so much about that as it will show that things are moving, but being stuck in limbo and hearing absolutely nothing is beginning to grate a little!

Will be keeping for you selling the business - do you have buyers in place? If so then at least every day brings the light at the end of the tunnel that little bit closer!!!

Anyway it's the weekend now, so not a lot will happen. I prescribe and to help ease the suffering!
It's a catch 22 get the visa first or the job offer. Maybe you are doing it the right way so it may be easier to get an offer if the visa is in place. ring them Monday and tell them HURRY UP you want a holiday lol
I knew I would be referred to Jim we were shocked at but it was just a crossing t's and doting I's for him. If you can try and have a consultants letter ready about your condition it may help or even let them know you will need it in a hurry when NZIS ask for it.

We had a buyer but he turned out to be a lier strung us along for 6 months we had no reason to believe he wasn't going to buy as he worked for us and was doing everything you would do eg solicitors, setting up a company & going back and fore to the bank but alarm bells started to ring when we got back from NZ he lost us £24K in 6 weeks and went very quiet 2 days before signing came clean he had been lying had no money and wasn't buying this was a week before christmas we came very close to losing our business but things are much better now and we do have someone interested but i've got no trust in anyone now.
To be honest we have been through hell since we have got back from NZ but we will get there eventually.

Give them what for on Monday good luck

Last edited by AngelaandJim; Mar 12th 2010 at 3:52 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:10 pm
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
It's a catch 22 get the visa first or the job offer. Maybe you are doing it the right way so it may be easier to get an offer if the visa is in place. ring them Monday and tell them HURRY UP you want a holiday lol
I knew I would be referred to Jim we were shocked at but it was just a crossing t's and doting I's for him. If you can try and have a consultants letter ready about your condition it may help or even let them know you will need it in a hurry when NZIS ask for it.

We had a buyer but he turned out to be a lier strung us along for 6 months we had no reason to believe he wasn't going to buy as he worked for us and was doing everything you would do eg solicitors, setting up a company & going back and fore to the bank but alarm bells started to ring when we got back from NZ he lost us £24K in 6 weeks and went very quiet 2 days before signing came clean he had been lying had no money and wasn't buying this was a week before christmas we came very close to losing our business but things are much better now and we do have someone interested but i've got no trust in anyone now.
To be honest we have been through hell since we have got back from NZ but we will get there eventually.

Give them what for on Monday good luck

What a sod; that really does wind me up to hear of people messing around with something so serious - glad things are working out for you now and will be keeping fingers firmly crossed that everything sorts itself out. It may not be much of a consolation at the moment, but you really are in a fabulous position if Jim has a job to go to that they are keeping open - must be a highly desirable individual!

I've been really lucky - the medical bods involved with me have taken an interest and copied me in on every letter, medical report and even sent electronic copies of scans on CD so our ITA came complete with a medical pack that would probably have put the postie's back out!

Turns out SWMBO couldn't wait 'til Monday and the e-mail I drafted for her was copied, pasted and sent off marked as high importance tonight.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

What a sod; that really does wind me up to hear of people messing around with something so serious - glad things are working out for you now and will be keeping fingers firmly crossed that everything sorts itself out. It may not be much of a consolation at the moment, but you really are in a fabulous position if Jim has a job to go to that they are keeping open - must be a highly desirable individual!

I've been really lucky - the medical bods involved with me have taken an interest and copied me in on every letter, medical report and even sent electronic copies of scans on CD so our ITA came complete with a medical pack that would probably have put the postie's back out!

Turns out SWMBO couldn't wait 'til Monday and the e-mail I drafted for her was copied, pasted and sent off marked as high importance tonight.
We have been really lucky that his new boss is happy to wait we get on really well with him. Jim is one of these people who is highly gifted at his job (mechanic).
What a relief the medical bods have been so good to you it's all they need. You wife is quite right to get it off to them tonight so they will have it first thing Monday morning. Hope you get a good response very soon
Old Mar 13th 2010, 4:43 am
Just Joined

triswebb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

Just to reiterate, I can feel all of your pain! My partner has been working over here now for 6 weeks and I applied for a temp work visa (as we were advised to do by immigration as it would be quicker than waiting for our residency application). That was 3 weeks ago and still nothing - I knew I would be refereed to the medical assessor, so I could still have weeks/months to wait just for the temp visa!

So frustrating, yes as least I am actually here, but not working feels the same anywhere :-)

tris
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:44 am
Just Joined

elaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really nice

I was assigned an officer at the end of January and told that I had to lose one stone 10 pounds in weight and my colesterol had to drop from 6.3 to 5 or under.
I have been given just 8 weeks in which to do this which at aged 65 is a very difficult task.
I've joined a gym, have a personal trainer once a week and joined slimming world. I spend 5 hours a week in the gym doing cardiovascular exercise to burn off the calories and do one hour aqua arobics per week. What more can I do?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:34 pm
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by elaine99
What more can I do?
PORRIDGE!!!!

Trust me, it's the British Expats super food of choice!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

At least yours has got that far - despite the promise of being allocated a case officer within 4 months (17 weeks according to the Immi web sites current figures) we've just got to 19 weeks and have still heard bugger all except for the lightning quick response on the day it was delivered to tell us that the rates for submitting ITA's had changed and we owed them more cash.
I feel better now, I thought we are the only one left out there waiting.

We are now at 5,5 months and still nothing. I gave them a call 1 month ago just to find out I should be patient and that expected waiting period without job offer is 6 months. And she sounded very surprised when I quoted 4 months as per their website/letter. I just hope, I won't find out within 2 weeks that waiting period has suddenly jumped to 8 months. Sorry but I cannot get rid of ridiculous feeling of running behind a moving target (when we submitted our application, waiting was set just below 3 months).
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:40 pm
Lord of The Pies

Originally Posted by ibex
I feel better now, I thought we are the only one left out there waiting.

We are now at 5,5 months and still nothing. I gave them a call 1 month ago just to find out I should be patient and that expected waiting period without job offer is 6 months. And she sounded very surprised when I quoted 4 months as per their website/letter. I just hope, I won't find out within 2 weeks that waiting period has suddenly jumped to 8 months. Sorry but I cannot get rid of ridiculous feeling of running behind a moving target (when we submitted our application, waiting was set just below 3 months).
You probably won't feel any better when you read my "Testicular Cancer - Will I Be Let In" thread. Sorry to do this to you, but we've had a response!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Yeah it slipped my mind you are the guy. Sorry. Indeed your ride was much tougher than mine. Congratulations on your MA outcome and cheers
Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:16 pm
Lord of The Pies

Cheers mate - I appreciate it. I wouldn't say I've had it as bad as you - the worst part for me has been all the waiting and it sure sounds like you're getting the rough end of the deal with that. that all will come good for you in the very near future!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.