Waiting seems forever!

Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all
Question Waiting seems forever!

Hi put my ITA in 28th February, lodged on 2nd March. The waiting seems forever!!
I'm worried if I've covered my work experience; I have 10 years as a teacher but, as I was self employed for the first 3 and haven't any accounts any more, i'm a bit worried that they wont accept it all. I have produced a letter from my then accountant as proof, but still worried. Will they knock some points off if I can't prove it? I had 140 without a job offer....do you think they will chuck me out??? Worried..... Helen.

Sorry to rabbit on... just feeling a little unsettled at the mo, I'm sure many of you know that feeling!!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting seems forever!

If NZIS feel that some of the points may have been claimed incorrectly, or they are not quite sure about some of the EOI application, then they will contact you about this.

You will be told which part they see as a problem and be given a set amount of time to address this and get back to them.

They won't just chuck you out. They will give you a chance to reply if they do knock points off.

If points do end up being deducted from the EOI but it is still over 100 points, then you will be returned to the EOI pool.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all

Hi Bev, sorry for being dumb here, but does that also apply to the ITA submission, I've got this far, ITA lodged on 2nd march, medicals recorded on the site...I would hate to have to start all over again!!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a lot of time so I wouldn't start worrying yet! I'm assuming you don't have a job offer and hopefully you will hear soon. It can take up to 4m to be allocated a case officer and then up to 3m for them to assess it.
Best thing is to try and relax, easy to say, not so easy to do
NZIS work at their own pace I'm afraid-and it usually seems to be slower rather than faster At my worst I was checking the NZIS website 5 times a day

Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 3 April 2009 we are allocating applications submitted up to and including 29 December 2008.

After your application has been allocated to an officer they will generally take between one and three months to make a final decision on your application. Processing times largely depend on whether you have supplied your visa officer with everything they have requested in your Invitation to Apply, or if there are any other issues (such as medical conditions) we need to follow up on.

With the ITA you are basically proving that what you claimed on your EOI is correct. As Bevs said if they are not happy about something they will contact you and ask for more info. They did this about my occupational registration. Unfortunately if you cannot back up the number of points then you will be sent back to the pool. Could you get written references from headmasters for that time you were self employed, any old bank statements or contracts knocking around? Anything at all? Though if you had anything it would probably be at NZ House by now. It may not even be necessary of course....

Good luck
Sue
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, will try and think of anything else I could prove!! Helen.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Hi Helen,

It took the full four months before we were allocated a CO. I really wouldn't worry too much. I know the waiting is sooo frustrating but lets hope it wall all be worth it eventualy.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Waiting seems forever!

Thanks for your replies, it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one feeling in limbo. Good luck to everyone out there. x
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:24 am
Just Joined

samiam2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am in kind of a similar situation. i did put my education in both the sections for NZ qualification and recognized qualification. I did select "No" on the question if i have studied in NZ. I had 135 points. Will i be put back in the pool again. In the email from NZIS they said that i was selected as i claimed 10 points for experience in absolute shortage skill, which i have, i was not an automatic selection as i was below 140. So my question is will i still be put back in the pool.

I am getting nervous...........please can you reply.

thanks
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:50 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy View Post
Hi put my ITA in 28th February, lodged on 2nd March. The waiting seems forever!!
I'm worried if I've covered my work experience; I have 10 years as a teacher but, as I was self employed for the first 3 and haven't any accounts any more, i'm a bit worried that they wont accept it all. I have produced a letter from my then accountant as proof, but still worried. Will they knock some points off if I can't prove it? I had 140 without a job offer....do you think they will chuck me out??? Worried..... Helen.

Sorry to rabbit on... just feeling a little unsettled at the mo, I'm sure many of you know that feeling!!
Hi Helenhoppy

I think we can all relate in our own way to what you are going through at the moment. I know I nearly sent myself ( and everyone else) mad whilst we were waiting.

My only words of advice to you is that today is the beginning of Easter and nothing is going to happen for at least 4 days now. So put it to the back of your mind for a few days, step away from the computer and spend some quality time with those people you will miss when you make the move.

Enjoy the holidays, the LAST one here before winter, so lots of people making the most of the last of the sun.

Oh and make sure you go have some Thorntons chocolate for me

Sarah x
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Waiting seems forever!

Sarah, thanks so much for your kind words, you lifted my mood.

I have started feeling a little disheartened with this whole process of late. I gave my job up last July so I could do supply work ( which I'm not too fond of) and be ready to hit the road, just don't know if I can cope with the pressure of thinking I may not get through this time. Also, my OH and 3 children aged 14,15 and 16 are looking forward to going and I wouldn't want to let them down.

But, hey, I'm just going to have to get on with it I recon..... Just hope and pray that my evidence for work experience is accepted.

Helen. x
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Just a thought, if my points were reduced, but I gained a job offer, would they still chuck me back in the pool?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy View Post
Just a thought, if my points were reduced, but I gained a job offer, would they still chuck me back in the pool?
Im sure everything will be fine for you, try not to worry to much x