British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Waiting patiently...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/waiting-patiently-547966/)

debj Jul 9th 2008 4:27 pm

Waiting patiently......

Oh my days.
Submitted ITA at NZ house on Mon, had letter today to say its being processed, my page on the immigration website keeps updating with details, I don't know if I can take the excitement!

Does anyone want to buy a house? If we could just sell this thing.....

:D

BEVS Jul 10th 2008 3:23 am

Re: Waiting patiently......

I do not need a UK house but will bung you some karma for the excitement of it all. :D

Water Lily Jul 10th 2008 9:32 pm

Well done. Welcome to the club! :D Know what you mean about the excitement. Sent ours 2 weeks and 3 days ago (and about 10 hours :D), I know it's early days but I'll soon have no nails left. Don't know how people coped a while back having to wait 9 months for it to be processed. Now it seems to be more like 9 weeks or less if you're lucky but I still think it's an awfully long time to wait to know if you're going to be let in! :blink:

Good luck with it all, particularly selling the house! :)

debj Jul 11th 2008 12:19 pm

Thank you for the karma Bev, it is gratefully received! :cool:

Water lily, its a nightmare. I am only a week or so after you and already have no nails left! I have to look everyday and we've got a while to go yet!!
I will be keeping everything crossed for both of us!!

Good luck!!! :rofl:

P2L Jul 11th 2008 6:31 pm

I remember that feeling well!!!! It's a terrible feeling ;someone else has your future in their hands and there's sod all you can do :blink::eek:

I nearly drove myself mad to begin with, but you have to try really hard to carry on with all the boring things and try and do some exciting things whilst you are waiting. We tried to get out and visit those 'awlays wanted to go' places, spend some time with friends and family ( although I think we bored them to death by the end of it all :rofl:) Once things start to progress, they tend to take on a life of their own, so take it from a veteran; enjoy the peace whilst it lasts ;)

Hope you don't have to wait too long

howden40 Jul 12th 2008 1:54 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 6561225)
I remember that feeling well!!!! It's a terrible feeling ;someone else has your future in their hands and there's sod all you can do :blink::eek:

I nearly drove myself mad to begin with, but you have to try really hard to carry on with all the boring things and try and do some exciting things whilst you are waiting. We tried to get out and visit those 'awlays wanted to go' places, spend some time with friends and family ( although I think we bored them to death by the end of it all :rofl:) Once things start to progress, they tend to take on a life of their own, so take it from a veteran; enjoy the peace whilst it lasts ;)

Hope you don't have to wait too long

My sentiments exact.

Had a list a mile long of always ment to visit places, didn't get to visit all, well hardly any really. The time does go quick, feel as though it is dragging then you turn around and the weeks have flew by.

Nail extensions for when you go out are not a bad idea.

Enjoy your good-bys

Pauline

iwannagonow Jul 12th 2008 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by debj (Post 6553019)
Oh my days.
Submitted ITA at NZ house on Mon, had letter today to say its being processed, my page on the immigration website keeps updating with details, I don't know if I can take the excitement!

Does anyone want to buy a house? If we could just sell this thing.....

:D

congratulations Deb...really pleased for you :thumbsup::thumbsup: