British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Waiting for the half a tree !!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/waiting-half-tree-528411/)

over50 Apr 10th 2008 7:35 pm

Waiting for the half a tree !!!!

Well folks just checked the immigration site again today and status has changed from selected to decision successful so now waiting for the half a tree to drop through the door. Whooppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee ooooooooooo this is soooooooo great.....
Good luck to everyone else who is in the same boat.:thumbup::thumbup:
We now have a grin that is sooooooooo big.....:D:)
Steve and Dee

Persephone Apr 10th 2008 8:31 pm

Re: Waiting for the half a tree !!!!

Congratulations!!!:thumbsup:

Great news, have a drink on me :beer:

Hope you don't mind me asking but do you have a job offer and how long ago were you selected?

Sue :D

over50 Apr 10th 2008 8:49 pm

Cheers Sue,
We waited almost 4 weeks from submitting the EOI 13 th March. I do have a job offer in Nelson and I faxed and e-mailed the offer of the job to New Zealand and London about 2 weeks after recieving it. But my employer to be in New Zealand actually phoned the immigration to let them know in the hope of it speeding up the process........ shame it didnt but at least we are now half way there. I think baring any major hiccups now like maybe house not selling( am not even going there) we should be in NZ for their summer. Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...:thumbup::thumbup::)
Steve and Dee

Frenchy Apr 10th 2008 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by over50 (Post 6190303)
Cheers Sue,
We waited almost 4 weeks from submitting the EOI 13 th March. I do have a job offer in Nelson and I faxed and e-mailed the offer of the job to New Zealand and London about 2 weeks after recieving it. But my employer to be in New Zealand actually phoned the immigration to let them know in the hope of it speeding up the process........ shame it didnt but at least we are now half way there. I think baring any major hiccups now like maybe house not selling( am not even going there) we should be in NZ for their summer. Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...:thumbup::thumbup::)
Steve and Dee

Congratulations, just you wait untill that passport finally arrives back with those lovely blue stickers inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub:

hjmilligan Apr 10th 2008 11:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS AND ALL THE VERY BEST OF LUCK :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Helen

over50 Apr 11th 2008 1:06 pm

Blue stickers whatever colour it is so long as it says permanent resident with work visa I dont care......:rofl::rofl::rofl: seriously though we are so pleased here. A ups van has just pulled up outside and Steve is doing a dance here hoping its our half a tree... nope it weren't false alarm.... he is now sitting here deflated to say we are excited is an understatement talk about waiting for a man with a van......:rofl:
Since we started this adventure there has been soooo many coincedences which has involved referring to New Zealand that we now feel more than hopeful of being successful and having our dreams come true.
Good luck to all those venturing out the same way we have , its not cheap and very stressful but hopefully the end outcome with more than outway the emotional roller coaster ride taken to move down under.
Steve and Dee.

Suzbits Apr 11th 2008 3:40 pm

Seriously well done guys, we have had our EOI selected too but no job offer yet. We are planning a trip out in June to try and secure that ellusive offer to make things happen quicker.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you. :thumbup:

over50 Apr 11th 2008 7:00 pm

Cheers Suz... good luck to you guys too.... at least I have a job to go to....lets hope you are successful also.
Steve and Dee.

over50 Apr 12th 2008 1:59 pm

Well it has arrived first thing this morning, but was not the half a tree everyone has been on about dropping through the letterbox. I have a feeling that since they now make preliminary enquires it must cut down on the paperwork they send. All is needed to send it all back with the documentation they ask for including medicals etc.
Steve and Dee.

Suzbits Apr 12th 2008 2:08 pm

Fantastic news, so in just one month you have gone from putting in EOI to getting your pack through - WOW!

Good luck with the next stage and keep us updated on how you are going.

Kay

over50 Apr 12th 2008 2:36 pm

Will do Kay, looks like only you and me here....:rofl:
Seriousy though gonna most of hard work already done only medicals, get some quotes on removals and sort out tax, pensions and superann here really and ofcourse sell the house. This is the biggest thing to do house sale as prices here are awful as you know, might have to cut losses and sell under price we will have to wait and see, got more valuations being done monday and tuesday from a couple of good agents, hopefully price up on the first one.
Where you hoping to head anyway Kay? we are going to Nelson, hey that sounds soooooo great here.. we are going to Nelson..... gawdddd the dream is almost here.....:eek: :)
Steve and Dee

Suzbits Apr 12th 2008 2:43 pm

We are looking at Christchurch and Nelson - I am so jealous you guys are going there that is my number 1 choice, it looks so lovely, but it will all depend on OH getting a job - we will have to go where the work is. He is an electrician and everyone wants him there to talk about jobs, but with 3 little ones we can't just up sticks as i need to sort schools etc first. I am currently sitting here going through lists of recruitment agencies in NZ firing off his CV! I keep thinking it only takes one to get a result so the more i can send the better his chances.

Good luck with your house, we are just down the road from you and just getting ours ready to put on the market, but things are very slow around here. Fingers crossed it all happens quickly - i am a great believer what is meant to be will be!

Kay

over50 Apr 12th 2008 2:50 pm

Strange that Kay we have the same philosophy here too and we have had so many coincidences happen once we decided to immigrate that we know this is the right time and the right thing to do. We did so much research on the country and areas before we decided on an area and once the job I managed to get came up we had firmly made our decision on where we wanted to go. Our children are all grown up, youngest is 19 now so we have no worries over schools etc and we are a bit older than yourselves, but I am sure once you have found the job everything else will fall into place. I really hope everything turns out for you all and that all important job comes along.
Steve and Dee