Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

The waiting game is killing me aarrgghh......

The waiting game is killing me aarrgghh......

Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:51 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Question The waiting game is killing me aarrgghh......

I have read a few threads about how long people have waited to hear from the medical assessor, my c/o saids about 3 weeks, is that about right du think???

It will be 3 weeks on the 16th, not that I am counting, my stress levels are rising by the day and now have no nails or patience left

tina, x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:04 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The waiting game is killing me aarrgghh......

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
I have read a few threads about how long people have waited to hear from the medical assessor, my c/o saids about 3 weeks, is that about right du think???

It will be 3 weeks on the 16th, not that I am counting, my stress levels are rising by the day and now have no nails or patience left

tina, x
aww Tina, think they give you the longest scenario just to cover themselves you will hear very soon and all will be well

Dewb xx
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:06 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dewb09
aww Tina, think they give you the longest scenario just to cover themselves you will hear very soon and all will be well

Dewb xx
thanks dewbs, o really hope so, suspense is killing me

Tina. x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:10 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
thanks dewbs, o really hope so, suspense is killing me

Tina. x
Hang on in there Tina!! you hear sooooon!
B x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:12 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by MnB
Hang on in there Tina!! you hear sooooon!
B x
cheers B, I will be eating oh's finger nails next, lol.

Tina. x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

sarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nicesarahandstew is just really nice

hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

though think we've pushed it one step too far...

our ITA, when sent out to us, was lost in the post but this wasn't confirmed for 6 weeks

we have, however, tried to stick to our original timetable of getting over there mid October and starting work beginning November

was all going OK til referred to MA.... but even still our readings were such a tiny way outside of the parameters that we believed they'd go straight thru
- our CO said they were marked urgent and she expected them back within 2 weeks..... it's been nearly 3

thing is we've gone and shipped our furniture now, so the consequences of us not having a visa in place before it docks in Auckland on 18 October could be financially huge!!!!

medicals got referred as 1st set of meds showed a couple of readings outside of parameters, including Stewart's liver function at 70 when should be under 40

retest came back with it on 40, all others bar 2 within parameters# - 1 of those being another liver connected one which i think should be below 17, came back at 18......

we were so confident, as a young family with a job offer in skills shortage area in the far north that we would sail thru
.... may be a cautionary tail for others..... or maybe others just wouldn't be this stupid!?!?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:04 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by sarahandstew
hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

our ITA, when sent out to us, was lost in the post but this wasn't confirmed for 6 weeks

we have, however, tried to stick to our original timetable of getting over there mid October and starting work beginning November

was all going OK til referred to MA.... but even still our readings were such a tiny way outside of the parameters that we believed they'd go straight thru
- our CO said they were marked urgent and she expected them back within 2 weeks..... it's been nearly 3

thing is we've gone and shipped our furniture now, so the consequences of us not having a visa in place before it docks in Auckland on 18 October could be financially huge!!!!

medicals got referred as 1st set of meds showed a couple of readings outside of parameters, including Stewart's liver function at 70 when should be under 40

retest came back with it on 40, all others bar 2 within parameters# - 1 of those being another liver connected one which i think should be below 17, came back at 18......

we were so confident, as a young family with a job offer in skills shortage area in the far north that we would sail thru
.... may be a cautionary tail for others..... or maybe others just wouldn't be this stupid!?!?

OMG!!!!!

You have been through the mill eh??? I just hope that there is not a massive waiting list with the ma c/o ha been on holidays, back at end of the week, so I am wondering if there is anything sat in her pigeon hole waiting for her, or is it still sat on the ma's desk waiting to be looked at???????

Only one way to find out, I will be e-mailing her first thing friday am if we aint heard anything on thurs.

Tina. x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:14 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

OMG you poor things it all pans out very quickly

Dewb
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

One thing i can say is that they rush for nobody, they are definatly a law unto themselves u just gotta hang in there

Neil
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

Hi - just hope it all goes well for you !!!! -it can be very stressful cant it?

love
Berni
x
Old Sep 10th 2009, 9:42 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping you hear soon Willand Tina-h and sarahandstew.
Unfortunately NZIS work at their own pace and patience really is a virtue, though not easy when you're pulling your hair and fingernails out at how slow they're being

Wishing you luck for an early decision
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:46 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by 127luton
Hi - just hope it all goes well for you !!!! -it can be very stressful cant it?

love
Berni
x
It sure can B, she wa back at work today and I have had to sit on my hands so i would not e-mail or ring her, dont think she would be impressed, lol. Im sure she has a back log of mail etc to get through first, so I will try so hard to be patient, lol.

Tina, x