British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   The waiting game is killing me aarrgghh...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/waiting-game-killing-me-aarrgghh-629809/)

willand tina_h Sep 8th 2009 9:51 pm

The waiting game is killing me aarrgghh......

I have read a few threads about how long people have waited to hear from the medical assessor, my c/o saids about 3 weeks, is that about right du think???

It will be 3 weeks on the 16th, not that I am counting, my stress levels are rising by the day and now have no nails or patience left :rofl:

:thumbdown: tina, x

Dewb09 Sep 8th 2009 10:04 pm

Re: The waiting game is killing me aarrgghh......

Originally Posted by willand tina_h (Post 7915080)
I have read a few threads about how long people have waited to hear from the medical assessor, my c/o saids about 3 weeks, is that about right du think???

It will be 3 weeks on the 16th, not that I am counting, my stress levels are rising by the day and now have no nails or patience left :rofl:

:thumbdown: tina, x

:wub: aww Tina, think they give you the longest scenario just to cover themselves :fingerscrossed: you will hear very soon and all will be well

Dewb xx

willand tina_h Sep 8th 2009 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 7915133)
:wub: aww Tina, think they give you the longest scenario just to cover themselves :fingerscrossed: you will hear very soon and all will be well

Dewb xx

thanks dewbs, o really hope so, suspense is killing me :frown:

Tina. x

MnB Sep 8th 2009 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by willand tina_h (Post 7915138)
thanks dewbs, o really hope so, suspense is killing me :frown:

Tina. x

Hang on in there Tina!!:fingerscrossed: you hear sooooon!
B x

willand tina_h Sep 8th 2009 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7915152)
Hang on in there Tina!!:fingerscrossed: you hear sooooon!
B x

cheers B, I will be eating oh's finger nails next, lol.

Tina. x

sarahandstew Sep 8th 2009 10:20 pm

hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

though think we've pushed it one step too far...

our ITA, when sent out to us, was lost in the post but this wasn't confirmed for 6 weeks

we have, however, tried to stick to our original timetable of getting over there mid October and starting work beginning November

was all going OK til referred to MA.... but even still our readings were such a tiny way outside of the parameters that we believed they'd go straight thru
- our CO said they were marked urgent and she expected them back within 2 weeks..... it's been nearly 3

thing is we've gone and shipped our furniture now, so the consequences of us not having a visa in place before it docks in Auckland on 18 October could be financially huge!!!!

medicals got referred as 1st set of meds showed a couple of readings outside of parameters, including Stewart's liver function at 70 when should be under 40

retest came back with it on 40, all others bar 2 within parameters# - 1 of those being another liver connected one which i think should be below 17, came back at 18......

we were so confident, as a young family with a job offer in skills shortage area in the far north that we would sail thru
.... may be a cautionary tail for others..... or maybe others just wouldn't be this stupid!?!?

willand tina_h Sep 8th 2009 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by sarahandstew (Post 7915173)
hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

our ITA, when sent out to us, was lost in the post but this wasn't confirmed for 6 weeks

we have, however, tried to stick to our original timetable of getting over there mid October and starting work beginning November

was all going OK til referred to MA.... but even still our readings were such a tiny way outside of the parameters that we believed they'd go straight thru
- our CO said they were marked urgent and she expected them back within 2 weeks..... it's been nearly 3

thing is we've gone and shipped our furniture now, so the consequences of us not having a visa in place before it docks in Auckland on 18 October could be financially huge!!!!

medicals got referred as 1st set of meds showed a couple of readings outside of parameters, including Stewart's liver function at 70 when should be under 40

retest came back with it on 40, all others bar 2 within parameters# - 1 of those being another liver connected one which i think should be below 17, came back at 18......

we were so confident, as a young family with a job offer in skills shortage area in the far north that we would sail thru
.... may be a cautionary tail for others..... or maybe others just wouldn't be this stupid!?!?

OMG!!!!!

You have been through the mill eh??? I just hope that there is not a massive waiting list with the ma :eek: c/o ha been on holidays, back at end of the week, so I am wondering if there is anything sat in her pigeon hole waiting for her, or is it still sat on the ma's desk waiting to be looked at???????

Only one way to find out, I will be e-mailing her first thing friday am if we aint heard anything on thurs. :fingerscrossed:

Tina. x

Dewb09 Sep 8th 2009 11:14 pm

hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

:eek: OMG you poor things :fingerscrossed: it all pans out very quickly

Dewb

Jan n Neil Sep 9th 2009 3:49 am

One thing i can say is that they rush for nobody, they are definatly a law unto themselves u just gotta hang in there :fingerscrossed:

Neil

127luton Sep 10th 2009 9:21 am

hi Tina

we share your pain!!!

Hi - just hope it all goes well for you !!!! -it can be very stressful cant it?

love
Berni
x

Persephone Sep 10th 2009 9:42 am

Hoping you hear soon Willand Tina-h and sarahandstew.
Unfortunately NZIS work at their own pace and patience really is a virtue, though not easy when you're pulling your hair and fingernails out at how slow they're being:frown:

Wishing you luck for an early decision:thumbsup:

willand tina_h Sep 10th 2009 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 7919470)
Hi - just hope it all goes well for you !!!! -it can be very stressful cant it?

love
Berni
x

It sure can B, she wa back at work today and I have had to sit on my hands so i would not e-mail or ring her, dont think she would be impressed, lol. Im sure she has a back log of mail etc to get through first, so I will try so hard to be patient, lol. :rofl:

Tina, x