Visitors visa for 2 year old

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice
Thumbs down Visitors visa for 2 year old

Hi all

I will be applying for a work visa for myself (LTSSL/essential skills category)and husband and I have a permanent job offer.
Immigration advised me that my 2 year old will gain entry with INZ 1017 Visitor Visa Application.

1) Has anyone gone this route before?

2) We don't yet have an arrival date in NZ as we will probably have to wait until my visa has been approved before we book flights. Do you just leave the arrival date on the form blank?

3) I will have my own visa, but do I apply for this visa in my name and put baby down as a dependant child or apply for her in her own right?

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:31 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitors visa for 2 year old

Originally Posted by jjsebba
Hi all

I will be applying for a work visa for myself (LTSSL/essential skills category)and husband and I have a permanent job offer.
Immigration advised me that my 2 year old will gain entry with INZ 1017 Visitor Visa Application.

1) Has anyone gone this route before?

2) We don't yet have an arrival date in NZ as we will probably have to wait until my visa has been approved before we book flights. Do you just leave the arrival date on the form blank?

3) I will have my own visa, but do I apply for this visa in my name and put baby down as a dependant child or apply for her in her own right?

Thanks
I would apply all together and apply for a student visa for your 2yr-old - makes her eligible for the 20hrs/wk free pre-school so you would get the fee back pretty quick if you used it. May also make a difference for healthcare???
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

Hi
Thanks for your reply. Spoke to NZ house London and she said you're not allowed to apply for student visa until they are 5! I will be devastated if she didn't qualify for the 20 free hours as when we moved to Surrey, the new crèche only offered this reduction when they turn 3 and the London one when they turn 2 so we've missed out once already!
Not sure what to do now. Thanks. I will download the student forms and have a look what they say.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:46 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Our youngest was issued a student visa at 4 and had the free 20hrs immediately.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

hmmm, not sure what to do now Simonsi.
Either we contravene advice from INZ and go the student visa route as you suggest, or we get baby a visitors visa and have to live without the free hours until we get PR next year sometime.
Will it not look a bit odd getting a student visa for a 2 year old? Is she going to do her PhD?
Help!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Also, if we do end up going the visitors route, which looks more and more likely as she's too far from 5 to get a student visa,
do we complete the visitors forms with her as principle applicant or me as principle and her as dependent child?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:01 pm
It is what it is Member

Either way it is her visa so she is the principle applicant.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Simonsi.

I think I will grin and bear the possibility of her not getting the subsidised kindy so that she can get the right (visitors) visa and just hope that we get our PR within a few months of her turning 3!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:16 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by jjsebba
Thanks Simonsi.

I think I will grin and bear the possibility of her not getting the subsidised kindy so that she can get the right (visitors) visa and just hope that we get our PR within a few months of her turning 3!
Hmmm, I'm still skeptical about the visitor bit....I suspect either will suffice, you may want to clarify any other (dental/health) differences as the reciprocal health-care agreement with the UK only covers immediate-care.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

I've spoken to 2 kindy's. One says she will get the free hours regardless of visa and the other says only if she has a residence visa! Just to confuse matters!
I will check up on the health care issue.