British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Visiting NZ house.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visiting-nz-house-546495/)

debj Jul 2nd 2008 6:20 pm

Visiting NZ house....
 
Hi!
May I ask, does anyone know; if we take our ITA down to NZ house and hand it in, do we get to take away our original documents that day or do we have to leave them with them? I know I have to provide originals and photocopies of each if I was to post it.
Has anyone else taken theirs to hand in??

Cheers!
Deb.

:o

sarahw Jul 2nd 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 
Hi - We took our originals in to NZ House and they were returned by post a few weeks later. Fingers crossed for you :thumbup:

2poor4this Jul 2nd 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 
I'd be interested in the answer to this as we're considering dropping off our ITA, dont think we'll bother if they wont give our originals back there and then.

P2L Jul 2nd 2008 10:58 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 

Originally Posted by debj (Post 6527502)
Hi!
May I ask, does anyone know; if we take our ITA down to NZ house and hand it in, do we get to take away our original documents that day or do we have to leave them with them? I know I have to provide originals and photocopies of each if I was to post it.
Has anyone else taken theirs to hand in??

Cheers!
Deb.

:o

We delivered ours by hand. An officer went through our application briefly verified all the copies we had included and then gave us our originals back. :thumbsup:

2poor4this Jul 3rd 2008 4:01 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 6528368)
We delivered ours by hand. An officer went through our application briefly verified all the copies we had included and then gave us our originals back. :thumbsup:

Great stuff :)

Did you have to make an appointment or did you just turn up?

alchris Jul 4th 2008 12:52 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 

Originally Posted by 2poor4this (Post 6530775)
Great stuff :)

Did you have to make an appointment or did you just turn up?

Hi I think I read on here somewhere that you can just pop in!

alchris Jul 4th 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 

Originally Posted by 2poor4this (Post 6530775)
Great stuff :)

Did you have to make an appointment or did you just turn up?

We still havent got our originals back yet! perhaps as I sent passports they will send back all at once, might ask our CO!

2poor4this Jul 4th 2008 3:24 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 

Originally Posted by alchris (Post 6534112)
We still havent got our originals back yet! perhaps as I sent passports they will send back all at once, might ask our CO!

I would, you dont want to loose anything, Mind you the speed they processed your application you should get the passports soon.
How's it going, any more news?

alchris Jul 4th 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 

Originally Posted by 2poor4this (Post 6534620)
I would, you dont want to loose anything, Mind you the speed they processed your application you should get the passports soon.
How's it going, any more news?

We wont actually apply for the WTR until our first 3 months are up, unless anything happens in the meantime we have to send form off before September 25th. Then passports will be stamped and returned. I'm doing alot of 'positive' thinking ''we are going to get there'' decided there's no point getting stressed about it all! If's this is meant to be then it will happen!
Hope your both well.
Chris x

P2L Jul 5th 2008 10:21 am

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 

Originally Posted by 2poor4this (Post 6530775)
Great stuff :)

Did you have to make an appointment or did you just turn up?

Just turn up. here are the opening times;
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc.../OpeningHours/

Shouldn't take long.

When we went, we went next door to the National Gallery ( Van Gough was exhibiting at the time :thumbup:) and there is a wicked Thai Restaurant across the road that is making my mouth water at the thought of it ;)

debj Jul 6th 2008 8:51 pm

Re: Visiting NZ house....
 
Cheers all for replies, we decided to go for it and take that huge form down to London!
We are very excited!!!

:rofl:


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:55 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.