Visas - confused

Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

dlparry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visas - confused

If my husband applies for a job where the skill is not on the long term shortage list but does appear on the immediate skills list does the company have to be on the accredited employers list? i am getting so confused with the different visas.

we cannot apply through the permanent residency visa because we dont have enough points as neither of us have a skill on the shortage list. husband is a hgv driver (previous bus driver) and i am a legal secretary with a HND in law and currently studying a degree in childhood and youth studies (finishing next year).

i have found various jobs advertised where we both have the right qualifications and experience. if we apply for any of them what are the chances of getting a visa to actually go and do them if we have an offer of employment? we are thinking of just applying for them and see what happens.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visas - confused

If your job is on the immediate skills shortage list you can apply via that visa - you unfortunately dont get any additional points for that particular list, but you would get points for a job offer.

As long as you have 100 points minimum, if you have a job offer you will be picked from the next selection - we got our visa that way, no points for the skills shortage list as it was on the ISSL but got 50 for the job offer, which gave us 105 which was enough for the visa!!!

If your jobs arnt on any of the lists, whilst you can go into the pool with 100+ points the chances of being picked are slim to say the least.

Again if any job offer is not on one of the skills shortages list, you probably wont get the relevant visa as they would do a labour market test and say there are people in NZ to do that job.

How about an accredited employer (list on immigration nz website), that way they can employ you without any labour market test etc. This would be a work to residence visa WTR.

Also you do not say your age or if you have children, if you have no children and are under 30 (35 for silver fern) how about a working holiday visa?

Best bet for any suitable jobs is a skype interview first and then going over for a final interview. Or if you have the time and money go over and bang on doors etc.

Hope this helps.