Visa's approved. OMG!

Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:20 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa's approved. OMG!

Numptyhead
But I am obsessed with smells and can't purchase anything without smelling it first. If I can't smell it in the shop, I don't buy it.
I am so glad I'm not the only one. People think I'm mad when I do it-obviously just toiletries and washing and cleaning stuff. I'm not there sniffing the toilet rolls One of my ex-bosses once caught me smelling different washing up liquids in the supermarket once, gave me a strange look, said hello and left very quickly

By the way hokey pokey is my favourite icecream in the whole world now and Whittakers chocolate is sooo good

All the best, not long now Sue x
Old Sep 11th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

What...you haven't discovered scented loo roll. oh Sue...its lovely.....

Seriously...it is available

x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh don't tell me that...If we bought them I would definitely have to smell them first...I don't need any more funny looks in the supermarket
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

cheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Good luck with the move, so excited for you... where about are you moving to?

Chez x

Hey Chez,

Thanks for the top tip on sage and onion stuffing.....lol.

I am quite partial to a bit of choc....my figure attests to this....but I have decided not to take any out.

I have resigned myself to the fact that NZ choc will be be like US chocolate, which tastes and looks like it has been mixed withconcrete powder.
Hersheys. urgh.
Anyway if its crap, I won't eat it and may just lose a few more pounds. Mind you Hokey Pokey sounds yummy and I noticed that in one of my local (NZ) takeaway places, I can get a bowl of nachos with cheese and jalopenos. OMG..... I will be in heaven!

I bet you're impressed with the depth of my research

We are moving to Whakatane in Bay of Plenty

Best regards and good luck with the process. I have a son that is 25 but he is in the Navy right now. I am hoping that when he visits, he also falls in love as you have done and decides to live near his mummy x[/QUOTE]

Ah you will find new fave foods and still get some of your faves over there! They do have some of our choc just not Galaxy!
I am impressed with your research, I am OK in the fact that I will pretty much eat any junk food ha

Ah Whakatane, we drove thru there on one of our road trips, thats by Coromandel beach right? LOVED making our own thermal jacuzzies!

Thanks for the good luck, I'm sure your son will fall head over heels for NZ just as we did when we visited my parents. We have spent 2 x 1 month trips there are didn't want to come home on both occassions, alas the perm res app!
I miss my mum and dad sooo much and it will be brilliant when I can see them every week again rather than once a year!

Good luck too x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Visa's approved today and so happy but very much in shock

We are hoping to travel out on the 8th November. So much to do and only 2 months to go

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom and laughs over the past few months. It helped us so much

Love
Maria
Hello numpty

It seemed only fair to redress the balance and add my congratulations and very best wishes to your thread.
So... did you get those flights booked yet?
Hows the special containers coming along ?

My OH commented over his dinner this aft - 'i wonder if you can get decent horseradish sauce over there?' so it looks like he may start panic buying horseradish sauce.
I know you can get a lovely mint jelly to go with the Lamb, cos we had that when we were there last time.

Congratulations again x

Psycho
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

jonesyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Visa's approved today and so happy but very much in shock

We are hoping to travel out on the 8th November. So much to do and only 2 months to go

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom and laughs over the past few months. It helped us so much

Love
Maria
Hi, firstly congratulations hope you have a fab life in NZ.
We've just submitted our application under the skilled migration category, fingers crossed!!
Could you or anyone tell me how long it takes for everything if you are picked from the pool?
Cheers x
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jonesyd
Hi, firstly congratulations hope you have a fab life in NZ.
We've just submitted our application under the skilled migration category, fingers crossed!!
Could you or anyone tell me how long it takes for everything if you are picked from the pool?
Cheers x
Took us almost exactly 3 months from accepting EOI to visas arriving - but then we had a job offer - were very very very lucky

It is one of those 'piece of string' questions x
Good luck with your quest

Last edited by Psychopandy; Sep 25th 2009 at 3:23 pm. Reason: moved the goal posts
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Took us almost exactly 3 months from accepting EOI to visas arriving - but then we had a job offer - were very very very lucky

It is one of those 'piece of string' questions x
Good luck with your quest
Thank you for the quick response, I'm crap at waiting...

My husband has applied for numerous positions, he likes to be secure...
Nothing as yet, we've sent his cv to agencies etc, how the hell did you get a job offer, luck I suppose?
Good luck x
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonesyd
Thank you for the quick response, I'm crap at waiting...

My husband has applied for numerous positions, he likes to be secure...
Nothing as yet, we've sent his cv to agencies etc, how the hell did you get a job offer, luck I suppose?
Good luck x
We arranged for the OH to go over to NZ by himself. He sent out loads of CV's and stuff with his flight dates on so he could see people face to face.
When he was going he still only had 1 interview booked and that cancelled the morning he was due to go He had several meetings with recruitment consultants arranged and one other possibility of a meeting with a company who didnt really have anything for him- and they were honest enough to say so .
Well off he went - had several meetings, sent out lots more CVs (most of which were for jobs that didnt seem to exist) which he found very frustrating, called lots of people, and had a bit of fun.
Came home a couple of weeks later with no job but a possibility of an offer to follow - and it did - the day after he got home

It took alot of effort for him to go and we couldnt have really afforded for all of us to go over for 2 weeks on the 'hope' of getting something. We are lucky that his cousin lives there and offered him a room. so that cut down on costs aswell.

It seems some fields are improving on the job front. He has even had a couple of possibilities offered since we've accepted the other. So that may help if you are in the IT field.

I wish you lots of luck, if i can help further just ask x
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
We arranged for the OH to go over to NZ by himself. He sent out loads of CV's and stuff with his flight dates on so he could see people face to face.
When he was going he still only had 1 interview booked and that cancelled the morning he was due to go He had several meetings with recruitment consultants arranged and one other possibility of a meeting with a company who didnt really have anything for him- and they were honest enough to say so .
Well off he went - had several meetings, sent out lots more CVs (most of which were for jobs that didnt seem to exist) which he found very frustrating, called lots of people, and had a bit of fun.
Came home a couple of weeks later with no job but a possibility of an offer to follow - and it did - the day after he got home

It took alot of effort for him to go and we couldnt have really afforded for all of us to go over for 2 weeks on the 'hope' of getting something. We are lucky that his cousin lives there and offered him a room. so that cut down on costs aswell.

It seems some fields are improving on the job front. He has even had a couple of possibilities offered since we've accepted the other. So that may help if you are in the IT field.

I wish you lots of luck, if i can help further just ask x
Great Thanks, this is what I've told my husband to do, go for a few weeks and see what happens.
I think they like to see you face to face.
I've also emailed some CVS to and have had a lady reply saying she's interested in me, only part time work but I'll see how it progresses in the next few days.
My husband is an electrical engineer over 20 years experience, his skill and qualifications are all NZ recognised so good really with the EOI points, we've got 125 so far and need to finish the form tonight and lodge it. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, good luck once again and enjoy NZ, although I've never been but have been to Oz, I assume NZ is more green and a quieter life!! x
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Visa's approved. OMG!

Fab News I hope all goes well. Now the fun begins.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi MAria

Cogratulations once again - I did PM you. My 'approved in principle' came through yesterday, so I can empathise with the filling up in tescos - and am not necessarily talking about the food!! (though i too spent a small fortune there this morning). Have to send in one piece of paper that I sent this morning and I will have visa a week after!! I tell u I wept like a baby. My problem is that I can't sell my house. Have permanent residency and a job waiting for me but not even a viewing yet. Still can't have it all at once.

Good luck to those of you still awaiting new from NZIS. I wasn't expecting anything from them until 12th oct so imagine my surprise and delight when the email came y'day!! Have forgiven the 9 wk wait from EOI now!!

Can't wait to be booking those tickets and packing that container!! Will be sad to leave people behind. to coin the cliche - all feels surreal.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:41 pm
Banned

racist_hater is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:56 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by racist_hater
congrats
wow, congrats on getting visa's!!!!! Very pleased for you, good luck and enjoy.

Tina. x x
Old Sep 30th 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hi MAria

Cogratulations once again - I did PM you. My 'approved in principle' came through yesterday, so I can empathise with the filling up in tescos - and am not necessarily talking about the food!! (though i too spent a small fortune there this morning). Have to send in one piece of paper that I sent this morning and I will have visa a week after!! I tell u I wept like a baby. My problem is that I can't sell my house. Have permanent residency and a job waiting for me but not even a viewing yet. Still can't have it all at once.

Good luck to those of you still awaiting new from NZIS. I wasn't expecting anything from them until 12th oct so imagine my surprise and delight when the email came y'day!! Have forgiven the 9 wk wait from EOI now!!

Can't wait to be booking those tickets and packing that container!! Will be sad to leave people behind. to coin the cliche - all feels surreal.
Hi Hun,

Sorry for delay. I haven't been around much lately...sooooo much to do

Congrats on your 'approved in principle' and good luck with selling the house. It must be driving you mad.

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.