Visa's approved. OMG!

Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:11 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa's approved. OMG!

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Thanks all for your kind good wishes and congrats. Actually it was fast for us

I went to Tescos this morning to get a few bits to pack for NZ. For no apparent reason I started to fill up. It really hit me...I think it is the thought of leaving behind everything which is so familiar.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy, it just feels so surreal
Being very nosey what did you stock up on?

Dewb x
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, great news
You'll be here just in time for summer
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news, well done you guys xx
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:25 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations guys. Don't be surprised if you now get an overwhelming feeling of OMG - are we doing the right thing. After so much waiting and planning and hoping and dreaming, it does hit you with a shock that it is actually real and you are going so just be kind to yourself and go with the flow and know that it is perfectly normal to feel that way
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Being very nosey what did you stock up on?

Dewb x
Well...it started with massive Heinz Ketchup....only went in for some bread and doughnuts having just finished work So fatal for me to go shopping tired and hungry, I ended up spending £115

Then I saw the HP sauce and then was on a roll.........Branston Pickle,Mint sauce, tartare, salad cream, Bisto,mustard, pickles, oxo cubes etc. Automatic washing powder (low suds) as we will be shipping our washing machine out. I know we will be able to get it but I am guessing it could be dearer than what I paid. Tesco have arial powder half price.....the 50 washes box for £5.50. I think it will be nice to smell something familiar in an unfamiliar world. But I am obsessed with smells and can't purchase anything without smelling it first. If I can't smell it in the shop, I don't buy it. Yellow Lenor coz I love it. 4 tins of Homepride white wine and cream sauce coz its dd's favourite cooked with chicken and rice.

We can in actual fact live without all these things but I think it will be lovely to open the packages after a couple of months there and find nice surprises

PS...I know we are not supposed to take stuff in
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:40 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Well...it started with massive Heinz Ketchup....only went in for some bread and doughnuts having just finished work So fatal for me to go shopping tired and hungry, I ended up spending £115

Then I saw the HP sauce and then was on a roll.........Branston Pickle,Mint sauce, tartare, salad cream, Bisto,mustard, pickles, oxo cubes etc. Automatic washing powder (low suds) as we will be shipping our washing machine out. I know we will be able to get it but I am guessing it could be dearer than what I paid. Tesco have arial powder half price.....the 50 washes box for £5.50. I think it will be nice to smell something familiar in an unfamiliar world. But I am obsessed with smells and can't purchase anything without smelling it first. If I can't smell it in the shop, I don't buy it. Yellow Lenor coz I love it. 4 tins of Homepride white wine and cream sauce coz its dd's favourite cooked with chicken and rice.

We can in actual fact live without all these things but I think it will be lovely to open the packages after a couple of months there and find nice surprises

lol bless you

I bought the ariel yesterday too maria, what a bargain???? Ansd ariel is summat I will very dearly, next to my nearest and dearest mind, lol. You got me thinking this am wat I will be missing, didnt even think about that till reading this thread and on top of a very sleepless night my emotions are now in tatters this morning, never mind off to do a days work patients are calling

Tina.x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:41 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Got me thinking too what I will miss! Agree will be good to have a familiar smell from UK, a least for a while.

Good luck with everything & keep out of Tescos for a while

Dewb x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 9:49 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww Maria, I'm so sorry I missed your monumental news. Huge congrats! Hope my mate has been able to help you with some contacts in Whakatane? My son races go-karts and sometimes races in Edgcumbe which is nearby. When you get here PM me your contact details and I'll let you know when he's there and come with him and arrange to meet up.

Anything else you need in the meantime, just let me know and if I can't help I may know someone who can. Well done you.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Visa's approved today and so happy but very much in shock

We are hoping to travel out on the 8th November. So much to do and only 2 months to go

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom and laughs over the past few months. It helped us so much

Love
Maria
WELL DONE!!!!!
Berni
xxx
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Awww Maria, I'm so sorry I missed your monumental news. Huge congrats! Hope my mate has been able to help you with some contacts in Whakatane? My son races go-karts and sometimes races in Edgcumbe which is nearby. When you get here PM me your contact details and I'll let you know when he's there and come with him and arrange to meet up.

Anything else you need in the meantime, just let me know and if I can't help I may know someone who can. Well done you.
Thanks Hun

It would be lovely to meet up so I will definately be in touch when the time comes.

Yes, Thank you darling. Vin is a sweetie, so is Gary who he put us in touch with. He is the Managing Director of the Rental company so we are in good hands. Thank you so much. We may have sorted a place out.....just waiting for him to confirm

I cannot get over how friendly and helpful folk seem over there. Its actually quite breathtaking and at times difficult for us to believe that they are in fact being genuine.

Told Paul Smith we were going yesterday and he was lovely about it. Seemed genuinely thrilled we were going and said he would miss us. We offered to leave Lily behind for him to educate but he declined...Had a lovely letter from him this morning. She breaks up on the 16th Oct for half term and we are moving at the end of that, so she really doesn't have long left here at school. I have just had to pay £20 for a new skort coz she has lost her old one. I hope she will be able to use it over there

I have so much to do and I'm sitting here doing nothing...ho hum
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

cheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
lol bless you

I bought the ariel yesterday too maria, what a bargain???? Ansd ariel is summat I will very dearly, next to my nearest and dearest mind, lol. You got me thinking this am wat I will be missing, didnt even think about that till reading this thread and on top of a very sleepless night my emotions are now in tatters this morning, never mind off to do a days work patients are calling

Tina.x
That post made me laugh so much, isn't it funny how we panic over the material things we will miss!

My parents emigrated to Orewa 3 yrs ago and my mum buys Galaxy choc and Walkers crisps from the English shop in the town for astronomical prices just for a 'taste of home'! I have to send my dad Rennie tablets as the ones over there dont do it for him!

And I've lost count of the number of times I have been asked to ship sage and onion stuffing over!

I think I am going to try and embrace the NZ food/toiletrees etc and just go for it... although the choc certainly doesn't live up to standards... small price to pay tho!

Good luck with the move, so excited for you... where about are you moving to?

Chez x
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck with the move, so excited for you... where about are you moving to?

Chez x[/QUOTE]

Hey Chez,

Thanks for the top tip on sage and onion stuffing.....lol.

I am quite partial to a bit of choc....my figure attests to this....but I have decided not to take any out.

I have resigned myself to the fact that NZ choc will be be like US chocolate, which tastes and looks like it has been mixed withconcrete powder.
Hersheys. urgh.
Anyway if its crap, I won't eat it and may just lose a few more pounds. Mind you Hokey Pokey sounds yummy and I noticed that in one of my local (NZ) takeaway places, I can get a bowl of nachos with cheese and jalopenos. OMG..... I will be in heaven!

I bet you're impressed with the depth of my research

We are moving to Whakatane in Bay of Plenty

Best regards and good luck with the process. I have a son that is 25 but he is in the Navy right now. I am hoping that when he visits, he also falls in love as you have done and decides to live near his mummy x
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:42 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Numptyhead!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Passports came today with the powder blue visas therein. For some reason I assumed they would be dark blue in the shape of a star......God only knows where that came from.

Very happy old trout today. Going to be 50 years old in two weeks time..... I'm not too thrilled about it but at least I still know where my face is......and more importantly not having to wear rubber knickers...... yet

Off to do more packing. I'm packing all this stuff away in boxes and I am sure someone else is coming in and droppping off all their shite too, cos its not getting any better...ho hum
Maria
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:13 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Passports came today with the powder blue visas therein. For some reason I assumed they would be dark blue in the shape of a star......God only knows where that came from.

Very happy old trout today. Going to be 50 years old in two weeks time..... I'm not too thrilled about it but at least I still know where my face is......and more importantly not having to wear rubber knickers...... yet

Off to do more packing. I'm packing all this stuff away in boxes and I am sure someone else is coming in and droppping off all their shite too, cos its not getting any better...ho hum
Maria
awh thats lovely, another thing off the tick list maria.

Its going to come around so quick aint it? Have you booked your flights yet? When you going?

Tina. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.