Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Which visa:talent (accredited employer) work visa v partner of a worker workvisa

Which visa:talent (accredited employer) work visa v partner of a worker workvisa

Old Sep 23rd 2019, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

JenLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which visa:talent (accredited employer) work visa v partner of a worker workvisa

My husband has submitted his application for a talent (accredited employer) work visa. I had started but not submitted a partner of a worker work visa and have the obtained the medical certificate and police certificate. However I now have a job offer from an accredited employer, so am weighing up whether is it worth applying for the talent work visa myself despite the slightly higher fees. Obviously I want to get my application in before 7 October in any case to try and beat as much of the rush as I can that that deadline is going to cause. Our jobs both start 20 January.

Based on not much evidence my gut tells me that us both having talent visas could be helpful. We might look to apply for residence under the skilled migrant visa rather than waiting for the talent residence visa after c 2 years.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks