VISA QUESTIONS UK TO NZ - JOB OFFER

Old May 2nd 2017, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Jessicajosephine is an unknown quantity at this point
Post VISA QUESTIONS UK TO NZ - JOB OFFER

Hello!

I hope you can help, from what I have read you all seem to give honest and compelling advice - of which I am in desperate need!

I am 28 and live in the NW England with my partner of 10 years, who is 32.

I have a job offer from the skills shortage list and due to start 14th August. Now my partner can't apply for the WHV as he's too old. What Visa can he apply for?

My employers (new) discussed getting me across on a WHV then 12 months later I can apply for residency.

The job is in Auckland and we would prefer to come over together

Please help!
Thanks- Jessica
Old May 2nd 2017, 8:02 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA QUESTIONS UK TO NZ - JOB OFFER

Hi Jessica and welcome to BE
at the moment he can apply off the back of your visa, I would suggest getting the EOI and your ITA started as long as you have 160 points or over, as quickly as possible as the rules change in August when he would then have to apply for his own separate visa and unless he can get 160 points or over he would not gain a visa.
Old May 2nd 2017, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I would suggest getting the EOI and your ITA started as long as you have 160 points or over, as quickly as possible as the rules change in August when he would then have to apply for his own separate visa and unless he can get 160 points or over he would not gain a visa.

Woooah nelly

Where did this one come from thought I had read up on all the possible changes, is this applied to the smc resident visa?
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Oppss wrong visa change details.

didn't mean to worry you jessica;

ok on the skilled migrant visa the changes are financial. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...tegory-changes

Remuneration thresholds are being introduced as an additional means of defining skilled employment.
Applicants with jobs at ANZSCO skill levels 1, 2 and 3 will only be awarded points for their employment if they are paid at or above NZ$48,859 per year (or NZ$23.49 per hour).
Applicants with jobs that are not in ANZSCO skill level 1, 2 or 3 occupations may be assessed as being in skilled employment if they are paid at or above NZ$73,299 per year (or NZ$35.24 per hour).
Bonus points will be awarded for remuneration at or above NZ$97,718.00 per year (or NZ$46.98 per hour)
Remuneration thresholds will be updated annually based on New Zealand income data.