Visa question

Old Apr 29th 2019, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Bexsball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa question

hey,

i know this may sound like a silly question, but once your visa is in place and it’s been approved.

Does the two years start from that date- so if there were still lose ends to tie up in the U.K you’d be losing time off the visa?
Hope that makes sense.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa question

Nope you don't make much sense to me.
If you are meaning the 2 years where a Resident Visa has travel conditions then the clock starts ticking from the day you activate the visa, NOT the date it is approved or applied. To activate it you must cross the NZ border using the visa.
If you have been approved Resident Visa - e.g. Skilled Migrant Resident Visa then you have a period of 12 months from date it is issued to activate it.
Hope that answers your question.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Thank you, it would be a talent visa, so once I’ve applied been approved and everything is in place ready for me to go, when I arrive in NZ that’s when it’s activated and my 30 months start from that date?

thank you
Old Apr 29th 2019, 8:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bexsball
Thank you, it would be a talent visa, so once I’ve applied been approved and everything is in place ready for me to go, when I arrive in NZ that’s when it’s activated and my 30 months start from that date?

thank you
After your visa is granted, you have 3 months to arrive in New Zealand.

After your arrival, you can travel in and out of New Zealand for 30 months.
You have to work in the specific occupation and for the specific accredited employer detailed in the job offer that was the basis of your work visa application.
Old May 2nd 2019, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
After your visa is granted, you have 3 months to arrive in New Zealand.

After your arrival, you can travel in and out of New Zealand for 30 months.
You have to work in the specific occupation and for the specific accredited employer detailed in the job offer that was the basis of your work visa application.

Thank you for that BEVs, May I ask one more thing, if my partner applies for the talent visa, and I apply for a partnership visa, if I then get offered a job, am I able to change the visa?

Also the children are mine biologically, and the other half is the one applying for the talent visa, would that be a problem, I have permission to take them overseas.

Thank you
Old May 2nd 2019, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that BEVs, May I ask one more thing, if my partner applies for the talent visa, and I apply for a partnership visa, if I then get offered a job, am I able to change the visa?

Also the children are mine biologically, and the other half is the one applying for the talent visa, would that be a problem, I have permission to take them overseas.

Thank you
No need.
The partnership visa is a temporary work visa (matched to the same duration as the work visa it is based on). It is just based on partnership instead of a job offer.
No issues with the children, however you will need to provide evidence that you can legally take them to live in NZ if your partner is not their biological parent. You will have to show that permission.
Old May 2nd 2019, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

So if he got approved for the talent visa, and mine was a partnership work visa, could we add the children on this group application.

if I was then to get employment with an accredited employer, could I then apply for my own talent visa, before the other visa has expired?

thank you so much.
Old May 2nd 2019, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

So if he got approved for the talent visa, and mine was a partnership work visa, could we add the children on this group application.

if I was then to get employment with an accredited employer, could I then apply for my own talent visa, before the other visa has expired?

thank you so much.
No.
Temporary work visas are for the individual.
His talent visa is for him alone based on the job offer.
Your partnership work visa is for you alone based on your partnership with your partner and his talent visa.
You will have to apply for individual dependent visas for the children (dependent visitor if they are under school age and dependent study if they are of school age).
You would normally send all these applications separated but together in one submission as it assists the case officer and speeds up the process.

With a partnership work visa, there is no need to apply for a talent visa of your own. Your visa allows you to work in any occupation and for any employer (so long as it is legal of course) for the duration of the visa.
Old May 2nd 2019, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for this information.

The children are of primary school ages, would I have to pay tuition fees for them?

and lastly the talent visa is a pathway for residency, mine wouldn’t be?

Thank you
Old May 2nd 2019, 10:08 pm
`

Now I am confused. From your previous posts you and your partner have not yet lived together.
Old May 2nd 2019, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you so much for this information.

The children are of primary school ages, would I have to pay tuition fees for them?

and lastly the talent visa is a pathway for residency, mine wouldn’t be?

Thank you
Depends on the duration of the visas. If under 2 years then very possibly they will be treated as international students and you'll have to pay fees ?

Talent/Accredited Employer Temporary Work Visa, nor Partner of a Worker Work Visa don't have a specific built in pathway to resident visa or residency. You may be mistaking that with the Work To Residency (WTR) Temporary Work Visa which is intended to lead to Residency within or after 2 years.
Old May 2nd 2019, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Now I am confused. From your previous posts you and your partner have not yet lived together.
You can apply for a partnership based visa even though you don't meet the condition of living together etc for a minimum 12 months. It just means your partnership visa may only be granted for max 12 months as opposed to matching the duration of the work visa it is based on - i.e. that of your partner.
This allows you to travel together and live together in NZ and rack up a bit more time living together and then when you meet the minimum 12 months, apply to extend or re-apply for a partnership based visa that then allows you to remain as long as that of your partners visa.
Old May 2nd 2019, 11:08 pm
`

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
You can apply for a partnership based visa even though you don't meet the condition of living together etc for a minimum 12 months. It just means your partnership visa may only be granted for max 12 months as opposed to matching the duration of the work visa it is based on - i.e. that of your partner.
This allows you to travel together and live together in NZ and rack up a bit more time living together and then when you meet the minimum 12 months, apply to extend or re-apply for a partnership based visa that then allows you to remain as long as that of your partners visa.
I know Escaped.

I had rather got the impression that the couple had actually never lived together & that the relationship has been happening for under one year.

I also thought that the OP ,who has dependent children, is the one with the job offer in hand. Not the current partner.