Visa question

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Reidy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa question

Hey!
I have applied for my working holiday visa outside of New Zealand and I am awaiting approval. I now need to go to New Zealand tomorrow, can I enter on a tourist visa until my working holiday visa gets approved? I am a UK citizen.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa question

Originally Posted by Reidy123
Hey!
I have applied for my working holiday visa outside of New Zealand and I am awaiting approval. I now need to go to New Zealand tomorrow, can I enter on a tourist visa until my working holiday visa gets approved? I am a UK citizen.
As it is now day of travel any advice I guess too late but you will need to be on a return ticket to enter as a tourist, even the airline may ask that whereas if you waited for the holiday visa no return required even if you could buy one 12 months or 23 months out anyway. You obviously have your reasons for the urgency but usually as I understand working holiday visas can be approved in a few days unless any issues. Others can comment but not sure how you activate a working holiday visa once in the country or even if you can. You can certainly extend from a 12 to 23 in country as you can also apply initially from in country but not sure about the initial start for an out of country application so maybe assuming you land as a tourist you can call NZ immigration, easy enough to do.

Last edited by PB65; Aug 23rd 2016 at 7:44 am.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 6:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Visa question

Originally Posted by Reidy123
Hey!
I actually do not understand this .

The WHV is for those wishing to tour NZ and work a little to help pay the way.

If you wish to enter on a visitor visa then you will need a return ticket.