British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Visa Processing Companies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-processing-companies-744414/)

GulliesPacific Jan 10th 2012 12:41 am

Visa Processing Companies

Hi all,

Has anyone used these companies that say they'll help you get your visa?

I've been looking at a few in London and they all seem to offer fairly similar services, with one or two saying "no win (visa), no fee" which sounds appealing.

Wondered if anyone would advise against using them, in favour of using them and, if so, which one they'd suggest?

I don't mind paying a bit for simplification of the process.

Tom1983 Jan 11th 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Visa Processing Companies

Hmmmm, I used a migrant company based in New Zealand to help with my visa application

My cousin used Global Visas to obtain a visa for Australia but said they could have done it without. The thing to note is that they're experienced in this and will answer the questions on the application properly. There's no way I would have been able to do my work visa application by myself as there were a few questions that could have caught me out.

A company I would not recommend is Working In. They're quite expensive and charge you about 100 quid to do an eligibility check. Waste of time if you know you meet the requirements

ellenarosemary Jan 12th 2012 11:56 am

If there isnt a specific reason or problem which might affect a visa application I wouldnt bother. We used Living New Zealand who consequently went bust and we lost all our money as did many others. They promised the earth with regard to job search (which is why we used them), but this never materialised, and quite honestly the paperwork whilst a bit of a pain, isnt that hard to achieve with a bit of organisation.

GulliesPacific Jan 12th 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks very much for the info.

To be honest, I'm quite keen to use one. Lagely because I don't think I have the self discipline to sit down and do the forms properly. It's my only fault.... ;)

I've seen some really impressive website boasting excellent success rates. I've done the quick appraisal thing on a few of them and they all came back saying "yes", but that I need to give them some cash to have a proper appraisal carried out. Hmmmmmm.

I think that it all relies on my securing a job. If I can get that done, I suspect it'll all be fine.

One of the companies I spoke to said they could help with the visa, for a fee, and also with job hunting. Sounded odd - wouldn't I need a job before I could get the visa?

ellenarosemary Jan 12th 2012 12:49 pm

If you need a job to get the visa, then you will have done most of the hard work yourself, any info you enter into the EOI is automatically transferred on to the ITA sheet with just a few extra bits to fill in, then the rest is the medical, police check and supporting paperwork. i.e. utility bills, certified copies of passports etc and job experience paperwork (ie wage slipsk P60's etc).

If you got a migration agent to do your paperwork you would still have to provide them all this anyway, so why pay a fee and get them to do it, when you would have done all the hard work anyway.

Honestly save yourself the money, we found our Case Officer to be brilliant and if he wanted anything else he just asked.

GulliesPacific Jan 12th 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks again, Ellen. Great advice.

You're probably absolutely right. Why waste good beer money when I could do the work myself?!