Visa options

Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

SA2NZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa options

I've read all the info on the NZ govt website and searched forums, but still confused about the whole work visa and ILR process.

I've contacted 3 immigration consultants for quotes. Only one is prepared to have an initial free consultation to assess my situation and get the ball rolling. The others require a fee of about N$150 just to talk to me.
One company quoted N$1500 (admin fee only) and the other N$8000 (probably includes visa)! The guys who said they'll discuss everything in detail once I meet with them mentioned a ballpark figure which inclides their fee plus visa (includes family) of about N$12000. Didn't quite understand what they said, but it was something to the effect that they don't go the initial work visas route first, then later (2 years?) the residence visa. They apply for residence (or is it ILR) from the word go. I want to go the cheapest possible route initially and after 2 years if things have worked out, do the next visa.

So considering two agents won't talk to me until I pay and the other is a bit elusive in their feedback up to this point, I hope I can get some clarity here.

With a job offer I score 180 which includes my degree, my wifes degree, my 14 years experience, etc. HR (my field of work) is not on the short and long term skills shortage lists, but on the skilled occupations list, whatever that means.
I rely on a job offer to get 180 points, however I'm curious how I job hunt without a work visa. In order for me to do this, the consultants I spoke to said they'll initially apply for a business visa, prepare a letter stating my visa application only requires a job offer and will include a bundle of docs to show how I qualify for the visa.
A lot of jobs I've seen advertised state it's open to NZ residents and work visa holders only, so that's a bit worrying.
If employers accept the immigration consultants evidence and offer a job, I would hope the turnaround time for a visa is quick enough, i.e. under 30 days.

In my case, is there an option for a work visa which does not require a job offer?

According to immigration.govt.nz, an applicant can submit an EOI, if selected you get an invite to apply for residence under the skilled migrant category, you apply and wait up to 6 months for the outcome.
Does this process also require 160 points, meaning I'll still need a job off
Old Jun 14th 2017, 7:52 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa options

HI and welcome

first you need to read through this. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...tegory-changes

Automatic selection for score over 160 is the only way without a job offer.
Accredited companies can offer you work without a visa and they should be well versed in the process as they would need to of applied for the accreditation to allow them to hire from abroad.

As for jobs, just apply for anything you see that you feel you would be a good fit for and in the covering letter explain that to gain the necessary visa to allow you to work you just need an appropriate offer letter. also state that you are prepared to start the position on a temp work visa whilst the longer term visa is being processed.
This may mean you coming over on your own, starting work whilst the rest of the family either stay where they are or come over on visitors visa's - they will need to show flights out of the country after the specified visitors visa time line is up, but by then hopefully you would of gained a more permanent visa for you and your family.

Please read the above link as some of the new rules do not take into account family members and even if you get a job offer it is not guaranteed that you will get a visa that allows the whole family to come to live and work.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please contact me regarding your BE accounts.
Thank you.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Andrew.Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you managed to progress your visa any further? If so, how have you done this? I am also working in HR and could only gain a visa by gaining a job offer first so would be interested in any advice. We are looking to work outside Auckland as it would increase the points but gaining the job offer first is the one of the biggest challenges.