British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Visa Medicals - Help!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-medicals-help-915121/)

DANWALLACE Jul 20th 2018 1:05 pm

Visa Medicals - Help!!

Hi All, new member with a question. Myself , my Fiance, and 3 kids are looking to emigrate to NZ. I have a job offer and we are trying to sort medicals etc, but the Medmigration people at Manchester are confusing the hell out of us. They ask what visas we are going for - 1 x Long term Skills Shortage, 1 x partner of a worker and 3 x dependant child student. They then say it is either Family, Work, Student or Visitor. To me thats 1 x work and 4 x family or 1 x work, 1 x visitor and 3 x student but apparently I'm wrong but cant find any guidance on the INZ site.

Any help?

Confused and Dazed but Excited,

Dan

escapedtonz Jul 20th 2018 9:20 pm

Re: Visa Medicals - Help!!

Originally Posted by DANWALLACE (Post 12536032)
Hi All, new member with a question. Myself , my Fiance, and 3 kids are looking to emigrate to NZ. I have a job offer and we are trying to sort medicals etc, but the Medmigration people at Manchester are confusing the hell out of us. They ask what visas we are going for - 1 x Long term Skills Shortage, 1 x partner of a worker and 3 x dependant child student. They then say it is either Family, Work, Student or Visitor. To me thats 1 x work and 4 x family or 1 x work, 1 x visitor and 3 x student but apparently I'm wrong but cant find any guidance on the INZ site.

Any help?

Confused and Dazed but Excited,

Dan

You will be work.
Partner will be family.
Any kids that are 5 years old and above will be student (as they are school age).
Kids under 5 visitor (as they are not school age).

DANWALLACE Jul 22nd 2018 9:44 am

Thanks escapedtonz, we went with the Edinburgh Clinic in the end and they just asked for the actual visa we were applying for rather than categorising it. Much more helpful :)

neany73 Jul 22nd 2018 8:56 pm

That’s odd that Manchester did that, they didn’t for me 3 weeks ago!

DANWALLACE Oct 7th 2018 7:23 am

So a quick update,

We all headed to stay with my father in New Zealand on a visitor visa on the 2nd of September.

Applied for Visas on the 16th of September.

Recieved 4 of 5 on the 3rd of October 😎

one happy family. The odd one out is my partner (they’re wanting some more medical bits) but given the kids visas were contingent on her and have been granted it guessing hers will be too 😎. Now the real adventure begins 😁

MrsFychan Oct 8th 2018 8:33 am

think you will find that the kids visas comes off yours as you are the main applicant?