Which visa for me?

Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Which visa for me?

Hi everyone,
I am paramedic in UK and realise I first have to have my qualifications assessed against NZ.
I noticed a paramedic is on the LTSSL so would I be eligible to apply for the skilled migrant cateogory or work to residence?
The Ambulance service in NZ is St Johns or Wellington Free so may or may not have job offer prior to applying for visa. They do state I will need work permit before I can apply to them but a job offer will speed process up.
I am confused, I have to have a work permit first before applying for a job but if given a job offer it will speed work permit up and St Johns also an accredited employer. anyone clarify for me.
gary
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:43 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which visa for me?

Hi Gary
If your job is on the LTSSL then you would be able to apply via the SMC, WTR or go for a temporary work visa.
You can go down the SMC route without a job offer if you have enough points and go on to gain permanent residency, then apply for jobs with PR in your passport. Having a job offer when you apply will speed up the process if you go down this route.

You cannot get a work visa or WTR visa unless you already have a job offer.

The Ambulance service in NZ is St Johns or Wellington Free so may or may not have job offer prior to applying for visa. They do state I will need work permit before I can apply to them but a job offer will speed process up.
It sounds like they do not understand how the system works. The only way you can get a visa before getting a job offer is to apply for PR as a skilled migrant [ and that can be a lengthy process]
Is this what you wanted to know?
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which visa for me?

Thanks for reply
I think this is what I needed to know.
What if you have a Australian PR, does this entitle you to work in NZ an if so under what conditions?
gary