British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   VISA help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-help-750245/)

dazio1878 Mar 1st 2012 5:14 pm

VISA help!

I am trying to find out which visa, would be best to apply for and timescales. I am planning on moving over with my family and have had a couple of interviews now, but always seem to lose out due to visa and jobs being filled by internal source within the companies. I struggle to find my job on any listed as i am manager of a road maintenance department & that's not even listed in the UK. I am qualified to NVQ4 in fencing business management, but can't find NVQ4 on the recognised qualification section on the visa website. I have been told my wifes occupation is also in demand, as she is a preschool teacher and trained in childrens care learning and development NVQ levels 2 & 3. She is also a qualified dental nurse. Can anybody give me any guidelines or help on which way to turn, as every site i open raises another question rather than answering them.

Tom1983 Mar 2nd 2012 2:41 am

Re: VISA help!

Your best advice in my opinion would be for your wife to apply for a skilled migrant visa

If she has the correct experience and qualifications she can obtain a skilled migrant visa without a job offer. Then she would be able to sponsor you under the partner visa (forget which one I sponsored my partner for).

It'll take a few months to sort as it's a long process but if your points are around the 130 - 140 mark on the EOI then i'd seriously apply, you have a good chance of getting an invitation to apply.

Persephone Mar 6th 2012 10:20 pm

Hi
Have you looked at the NZIS website. Tom has mentioned the skilled migrant category which allows you to apply for residency. You do not need a job offer for this visa though you need enough points without one to be able to firstly submit the EOI and also be in with a good chance of being selected. This all depends on a variety of factors and not just points total.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm
Firstly have a go at the points calculator and see how many points you gain, alternatively register and start an EOI to find out your total. If your total is not high enough or would not give you a good chance of selection then you may have to look at other options eg getting a job offer, Work to Residence or a work visa [both these need a job offer first]

BEVS Mar 10th 2012 8:11 am

Originally Posted by dazio1878 (Post 9929848)
I am trying to find out which visa, would be best to apply for and timescales. I am planning on moving over with my family and have had a couple of interviews now, but always seem to lose out due to visa and jobs being filled by internal source within the companies.

Yup. Recession is here and it bites.

I struggle to find my job on any listed as i am manager of a road maintenance department & that's not even listed in the UK.
This is not the UK . It is NZ. Look HERE and find the nearest to your occupation.

Then look HERE to see if that occupation is seen as skilled

and look HERE to see the shortages lists.

I am qualified to NVQ4 in fencing business management, but can't find NVQ4 on the recognised qualification section on the visa website.
No idea what this means to be honest.

I have been told my wifes occupation is also in demand, as she is a preschool teacher and trained in childrens care learning and development NVQ levels 2 & 3.
Uumm. I do doubt that an NVQ 2 or 3 would meet Nz standards. Also early learning teachers are not needed here at present, although do check that on the shortage list link I gave you

She is also a qualified dental nurse.
Qualifications? Check that against the links I gave you.