Which visa do I come on

Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

warrend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical s

You have to use an approved panel doctor - there's a list here.

I'm from West Yorkshire and I'm going to one in Manchester - it's the nearest place I found where you can get both the x-ray and the medical done. Everywhere I found in Yorkshire, only did one or t'other, and it would mean going to 2 different hospitals.

That said, I think there is a hospital in York where you can get both done, but the waiting list for an appointment was quite long.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the immigration website under panel doctors (or approved immigration doctors), they list all the ones in the UK (there surprisingly arn't that many in some areas).

The x-ray is normally done elsewhere from the medical, shop around, the prices vary considerably from place to place and you could save £100's by just going a bit further.

Also they get booked up quite a bit in advance, so book early.

Last edited by ellenarosemary; Jul 20th 2013 at 8:12 am.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 8:35 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work visa with job offer

what happened to the job in Canada, sure you need to do medicals for Canada just wondering if its the same sort of one and if you could use it?
Old Jul 20th 2013, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Look on the immigration website under panel doctors (or approved immigration doctors), they list all the ones in the UK (there surprisingly arn't that many in some areas).

The x-ray is normally done elsewhere from the medical, shop around, the prices vary considerably from place to place and you could save £100's by just going a bit further.

Also they get booked up quite a bit in advance, so book early.
Absolutely. That's exactly where we got them from. We only found 1 anywhere near to us (midlands) and it was actually way cheaper to drive to Surrey and get them done there.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

samboka1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are from surrey, we went to the bridge medical centre for ours in Maidenhead
sam
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 2:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Work visa with job offer and medicals?

Originally Posted by graham from yorkshire
Hi. Been offered a job as a glazier, and just got my contract of employment.
Anyone recommend were I go to get a visa sorted, and how long does it take to get a visa.

Thanks

I'm a bit confused . From a couple of your posts HERE in the canadian forum, you flew to Canada on the 2nd of July.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

graham from yorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which visa do I come on

Hi. Right, I have a permanent contract of employment.
Done my medical, got my police check back, just about to send my forms to NZ immigration London office.
Which one do I tick for the best opportunities .

1. S sentinel skills
2. Work to residence long term skill shortage list
3. Work to residence accredited employer
Old Aug 16th 2013, 2:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Which visa do I come on

Hi. Right, I have a permanent contract of employment.
Done my medical, got my police check back, just about to send my forms to NZ immigration London office.
Which one do I tick for the best opportunities .

1. S sentinel skills
To be clear for others looking in.
Graham From Yorkshire is a glazier. He has been offered full time permanent work in his trade by an employer in the Canterbury/Christchurch area.

Glazier is seen as a skilled occupation - ANZSCO 333111.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'best opportunities' .

For your opinion ( 1 ) , I think you meant to type essential skills.

1. Essential skills
From what you have written you will be applying for an essential skills temporary work visa so tick that. Your employer is NOT on the accredited list and you may be earning under the 55K pa.
Once you are here and working & if you have enough points, you could then apply for NZ residency under the skilled migrant category.

With regard to the other two options.

You could not apply under this as Glazier is on the long term shortage list

If the employer appears on the NZIS accredited employer list, your employment contract is for an indefinate period AND you will be earning $55K pa, then you could apply under this category.
That could lead to residency.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
To be clear for others looking in.
Graham From Yorkshire is a glazier. He has been offered full time permanent work in his trade by an employer in the Canterbury/Christchurch area.

Glazier is seen as a skilled occupation - ANZSCO 333111.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'best opportunities' .

For your opinion ( 1 ) , I think you meant to type essential skills.

1. Essential skills
From what you have written you will be applying for an essential skills temporary work visa so tick that. Your employer is NOT on the accredited list and you may be earning under the 55K pa.
Once you are here and working & if you have enough points, you could then apply for NZ residency under the skilled migrant category.

With regard to the other two options.

You could not apply under this as Glazier is on the long term shortage list

If the employer appears on the NZIS accredited employer list, your employment contract is for an indefinate period AND you will be earning $55K pa, then you could apply under this category.
That could lead to residency.
Thanks for the info. I now realise I'm going for option 1, as this will make it easier to get my visa quicker. Thank you.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Work visa with job offer and medicals?

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm a bit confused . From a couple of your posts HERE in the canadian forum, you flew to Canada on the 2nd of July.
Hi. The job in Canada, which I have a visa for, keep messing me around with start dates, then I got a job offer from New Zealand
Old Aug 16th 2013, 3:06 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info. I now realise I'm going for option 1, as this will make it easier to get my visa quicker. Thank you.
You have no choice! The other two options are not open to you
The only other way is an application for residency under the SMC which can take some time and goes on number of points...
Usually it takes too long as an application on its own so the work visa is used to get you started quickly.