Which visa do I come on

Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

graham from yorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work visa with job offer and medicals?

Hi. Been offered a job as a glazier, and just got my contract of employment.
Anyone recommend were I go to get a visa sorted, and how long does it take to get a visa.

Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2013, 9:15 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work visa with job offer

This is the official Government immigration website-everything you need to know is on here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Is the job offer in Christchurch? The reason I ask is that glazier is not on the long term or immediate skills shortage lists but it is on the Canterbury SSL.
This means that an employer can offer you a job as a glazier in Chch without having to prove that no NZers are available to fill the position.
You can apply for a work visa on the basis of this. This is a temporary visa, you can only stay in NZ permanently if you can gain residency at a later date. You can keep renewing work visas but it's not very secure longterm. I don't know whether you were planning on a short or long term move. It all depends on your circumstances as to how easy it could be to obtain residency.
When does the employer want you to start? Do you have any qualifications?

The following is the required standard for work visa applicants with a job offer, from the CSSL:
The level of skill required for New Zealand in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations AND evidence that the work will be done under the supervision of an appropriately Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) who is licensed to supervise relevant Restricted Building Work (RBW) OR that the duties of the Glazier will not include RBW Trades Fibrous Plasterer (333211) The level of skill required
This is a link to the ANZSCO listing for glaziers:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....+3331+Glaziers

It is fairly simple to apply for the visa yourself. Agents are very expensive for what they do and are generally unnecessary. Have a look at the above website and come back to us with any questions.
P
Old Jul 17th 2013, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi. The job is for AWF which I think is an agency, and the job is for Christchurch.
I have a brother who is PR of NZ and my son lives in Hamilton.
Been looking at the NZ immigration site to do my own visa which seems pretty easy.
Do you need chest x rays.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:43 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you plan to work and stay for over one year then you will need chest xrays and a general medical certificate. These stay valid for 36 months after submitted to NZIS so you can use them for another visa application should you want/need to.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ply/essential/

Definitely suggest doing the visa yourself, agents charge eye watering fees for something that is pretty easy to do yourself [in most cases].

If you are wanting residency longterm then you need to consider the WTR or Skilled Migrant categories.
Another option could be the Parent category-your son must have been a NZ resident for three years to apply for this. However there could be a wait of many years for this to be processed if you cannot apply under Tier 1.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

It's £580 for the work visa and £350 for my partner and two children each plus other costs. So roughly around £2000. I best get doing some overtime to pay for it
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you need a chest X ray. As for costs of the whole process check the blog (link at foot of post) click the tab 'application timescale. We did the whole thing ourselves, it's really straight forward and the people of this forum are really helpful too.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Not sure how you get £580 for your work visa. I can't find that cost on the fee finder-the fees I can see are $230 or $360NZ for work visas.
Or have you added in the cost of the medicals?

If not, you'd better get doing some overtime- as the medicals cost around £300 per person
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

My costs on the blog are current and less than 3 months old. There's a LOT more cost than you mention
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi. The company who have offered me the contract of employment, put me in touch with an immigration agent and there fees for my visa is .£580 and my partner ant two kids is £350 each, plus police check fees, plus x rays.
Told me could be around 6 to 8 weeks to get my visa with job offer and my skills
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why type of visa is that? I got a temp and a PR visa, the temp 2 yr was £165 and the residency visa was £1200.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:44 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by graham from yorkshire
Hi. The company who have offered me the contract of employment, put me in touch with an immigration agent and there fees for my visa is .£580 and my partner ant two kids is £350 each, plus police check fees, plus x rays.
Told me could be around 6 to 8 weeks to get my visa with job offer and my skills
You can do it yourself, it is a lot cheaper but ultimately it is your decision of course. There should be no requirement to use the immigration agent suggested by the employment agency.

Each visa costs around £135 each.

If you're applying via the London branch then have a look at this, around 95% of work and study visas are processed within 25 days.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Default Medical s

Hi. We're would I get a medical and chest x ray done for my visa application for NZ.

Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your help
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Need to get medical and chest x ray sorted. Do I go to my doctors for this or is there a private centre to do both. Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

No not all doctors do it. Look on immigration NZ on the side bar: approved immigration doctors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.