Visa declined, any advice

Old Dec 11th 2015, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

andy.79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa declined, any advice

I have recently had a visa declined (work to residence with accredited employer) due to my overstay. The issues are that they do not find me to be a bona fide applicant. I am also going to need a character waiver due to a DUI charge during my last stay.
I had previously been to NZ twice on 3 working visas amassing 3 years in total stay there. I am now back in the UK and since arriving home have taken steps to further my qualifications for my return to NZ (I'm a scaffolder and had been working on the rebuild in Christchurch).
I am also in a loving, committed relationship with a NZ resident who I miss dearly and am dying to return to.
I also have relations in NZ, my cousin and his family, their son being my godson. Also my cousins partners parents (not sure if this information is relevant).
Old Dec 11th 2015, 6:20 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa declined, any advice

the family in NZ is not relevant, your problem is the overstay (why?) and the DUI as these don't bode well for a good character reference. You only option I can see is try a partnership visa through your OH, but you could be throwing good money after bad as you have already had a work visa refused.
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Yep MrsF is right, a friend has just had to return to her home country with her family even though her mum, dad, brother etc are all here, my friend has lived here for 3 yrs working, paying taxes, buying a house etc. and they didn't have any convictions or overstays but still told to leave when their visa run out
Old Dec 31st 2015, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Kenny7715 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andy.79 View Post
I have recently had a visa declined (work to residence with accredited employer) due to my overstay. The issues are that they do not find me to be a bona fide applicant. I am also going to need a character waiver due to a DUI charge during my last stay.
I had previously been to NZ twice on 3 working visas amassing 3 years in total stay there. I am now back in the UK and since arriving home have taken steps to further my qualifications for my return to NZ (I'm a scaffolder and had been working on the rebuild in Christchurch).
I am also in a loving, committed relationship with a NZ resident who I miss dearly and am dying to return to.
I also have relations in NZ, my cousin and his family, their son being my godson. Also my cousins partners parents (not sure if this information is relevant).

Hi,
I no my reply doesn't answer your questions, but thought as your in the building trade and have been living in Christchurch for some time recently you could answer some of mine.

I am a mid 20s English painter and decorator, I've been painting for around 7 years, and am now obtaining my trade certificate. So in about 2 months time I will be a trade certified painter and decorator. Now, what's the score with jobs out there? I've been told that Christchurch is where to be for work especially building trades.

I am looking to go next year (probably late 2016) on a working holiday visa to see what it's like, and get a job offer if we enjoy it and can find work, my partner is in jewelery sales (high end jewellery) and would be looking to get into a cad/jewellery design course whilst working within a good jewellers there.

Could you let me know if there are many high end jewellers there.

My trade - painter - was on the Canterbury skills list, but now no longer is, but it is on the list of skills occupations list, what does that mean? I was told if I was going to apply for PR (with my certificate in place) Christchurch visa would be the one I needed due to the skills list, but it's no longer there.

Thanks and hope you can help