Visa Costs????

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Visa Costs????

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the costs of getting a visa? My husband has a job offer, so I think it would be a WTR visa.

Sorry I'm a bit vague but I can't seem to find the costs.

Thanks,
Kay
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all
Post Re: Visa Costs????

Hi kay

I couldn't either but I reckon it's gonna come in at around 3k for our residency application once you add all the added extras like medicals, etc.

You've probably thought about it already, so apologies if u have, but have your hubbys new employers got a hr dept? They're usually a mine of info!
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa Costs????

Thanks Ali!!

I will see if they can give me some info on this

Glad I wasn't the only one that couldn't find anything!!

How far along the visa process are you guys??

Thanks again,
Kay

QUOTE=Aliwales;8936494]Hi kay

I couldn't either but I reckon it's gonna come in at around 3k for our residency application once you add all the added extras like medicals, etc.

You've probably thought about it already, so apologies if u have, but have your hubbys new employers got a hr dept? They're usually a mine of info! [/QUOTE]
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Phil.n.Wendy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KayC View Post
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the costs of getting a visa? My husband has a job offer, so I think it would be a WTR visa.

Sorry I'm a bit vague but I can't seem to find the costs.

Thanks,
Kay
Hi KayC,

We are just going through the process for a Skilled Migrant Visa, so can't really comment on the WTR. Costs are roughly as follows:
EOI App - $400
Residence VISA - SMC - £865
Adult Medicals - £350 pp
Child Medical - £50 (under 11's - 11 to 14 is £110)
Police Cert - £35 pp
Immigration Levy175pp (under 5's are cheeper)

Then all the extra bits for certificates, copies of passports... quite a bit when you add it all up. Just do a fare bit of planning and get everything in place. WTR Visa would probably be easier but you will need to get PR once in NZ.. within 12 months I think.

Like Ali says... if your OH's new company has a HR dept. they should be able to assist and provide info on this, just depends on how quick you need to get out there.

Hope all goes well
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Phil.n.Wendy,

Thanks for that, its a great help to get some idea of costs

Originally Posted by Phil.n.Wendy View Post
Hi KayC,

We are just going through the process for a Skilled Migrant Visa, so can't really comment on the WTR. Costs are roughly as follows:
EOI App - $400
Residence VISA - SMC - £865
Adult Medicals - £350 pp
Child Medical - £50 (under 11's - 11 to 14 is £110)
Police Cert - £35 pp
Immigration Levy175pp (under 5's are cheeper)

Then all the extra bits for certificates, copies of passports... quite a bit when you add it all up. Just do a fare bit of planning and get everything in place. WTR Visa would probably be easier but you will need to get PR once in NZ.. within 12 months I think.

Like Ali says... if your OH's new company has a HR dept. they should be able to assist and provide info on this, just depends on how quick you need to get out there.

Hope all goes well
Old Oct 30th 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

This might help as well

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...eescalculator/

in case you go for a different visa.