Visa confusion

Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa confusion

Hi there,

I am doing what I thought I would never do, and considering moving to a country I have never visited.

So, a job is being advertised in the UK for work in Auckland.

The NZ immigration web site is SO confusing.

I have done the point thingy and would have 115 points if I had the job offer. I wouldn't be considering moving if I didn't get the job. I have qualifications but they are not on their very small list of recognised ones.
If they were then I would have 170 points.
It says you can get certificates in specified acceptable trades recognised, but I can't find the list of specified trades!

The other type it looks like I could go for is Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy. Does anyone have any experiance of this? I would be able to become a PR after 2 years if I liked it.

The main thing I wanted to know is how long these take? Is there anywhere on their confusing site which would tell me times?

Also, my other half would be coming with me. He works in customer services. Does anyone have any experiance of looking for this type of work in Auckland with a temp visa?

Thanks very much everyone.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:40 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa confusion

Hiya Pumpkin

You're not the only one confused!!

Are you looking to go to New Zealand or Australia?????? I couldn't remember what you're job was so looked at your previous posts.

If I was you, I'd decide which country I would like to go to first, cos believe me , this immigration thing is stressful & expensive enough for one country, let alone two.!!

If you look at this, it shows you your options of entry
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/

And this shows you how to work out the fees involved http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...calculator.htm

If there is a specific job that you have in mind, why not email or phone them. Some companies help with your application

As for your OH try www.seek.co.nz

HTH
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa confusion

I want to move to Australia, but as being sponsored is my only option it is quite hard.
So, as I really don't want to be in the UK NZ sounds like a very nice place.

A job has come up there, which is why I am considering it. Although they have advertised in the UK, from the e-mails I have had it doesn't sound like they have that much experiance of getting anyone through the visa process.

The more I think about it the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy sounds the best.

Does anyone know how long this takes??

Thanks very much