Visa companies

Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa companies

Taken from the NZIS website, currently only veterinarians appear on either list ;

Essential Skills in Demand Lists
The Essential Skills In Demand Lists are the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) and the Immediate Skill Shortage List (ISSL).

We use the LTSSL in relation to both temporary work policy and residence policy. If you come to work in New Zealand based on meeting the LTSSL requirements, you may be eligible for residence through our Work to Residence (Long Term Skill Shortage List) policy, or the Skilled Migrant Category.

We only use the ISSL in relation to temporary work policy. If you come to work in New Zealand based on meeting the ISSL requirements, there is no direct link to residence.

If you meet the requirements on the list, and the policy requirements, we will accept that no New Zealanders are available for the position(s). See more about the lists, and the twice-yearly review.

What if my occupation is not on one of the lists?
If you want to apply for a temporary work visa/permit (or recruit temporary workers from overseas), the occupation does not have to be on one of the lists. The employer must show that they have genuinely searched for suitably qualified and trained New Zealander workers, and we will undertake a labour market test. Alternatively, an employer with Approval in Principle may be able to recruit employers from overseas.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by matlynds
I wouldn't comment on an industry that you possibly know very little about. You wouldn't go to any job agency to get a job in this field. It is a unique field and its a very small world in the veterinary industry
I wasn't commenting on the industry at all. Perhaps our lovely Persephone who is actually a vet can advise you here.

You may find contacting the NZ Veterinary Nursing Association direct helpful. (click the link)

It does state
Originally Posted by NZVNA
In the past it was relatively easy for overseas nurses to find employment in New Zealand, particularly United Kingdom veterinary nurses, whose qualification is highly respected. However in recent years New Zealand has been producing its own veterinary nursing graduates, thus greatly reducing the need for overseas nurses. There may still be the occasional vacancy not filled by New Zealand veterinary nurses but these tend to be quite isolated or have specific requirements.For other overseas qualifications that may not yet be recognized in New Zealand, it is recommended that you send the relevant information to the chair of the Animal Nursing and Technology Board, [email protected] or visit the New Zealand Qualification Authority at www.nzqa.govt.nz

, as for shortages, the person does not need to state that they cant find a local PR person or a kiwi as it is on the skilled migrants list. Our AGENT has looked into this for us. I merely need the job offer just to boost my points .
Please check for yourself . You can do so from the NZIS website HERE. (click the link)

Veterinary Nurse does not appear on the Essential Skills in Demand lists & is not currently on either the Long Term or Immediate shortage list per the NZIS website.
Therefore any NZ employer wishing to employ you must prove that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could fill the vacancy.

ANZSCO occupation 361311 Veterinary Nurse. Requirement for skill points NZ Register 4 qualification.

Perhaps you are thinking of the list of Occupations seen as Skilled by NZIS. That is a different list . If your overseas quals match the NZIS level required , then you would gain points for the skill . However, as the occupation is not in shortage then you would not gain bonus points..

It is merely your personal opinion to not recommend an agent , as it is our personal opinion that we want to use one.
Again I have no opinion one way or another. It is entirely up to you. All I always state is make sure your agent knows their stuff and is correctly licensed with a proven track record. Be wary of those offering to help find job offers as it is better to deal direct.

Finally, many people do manage to emigrate here and do their own form filling, job hunting etc. They do this with long working hours, stressful lifestyles and offspring around their feet. They manage. However, if you feel you can't then that is also fine.
You are perfectly entitled to approach your emigration prospects any way you like.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

matlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nice

Han on guys! Lets just forget it! Thanks for your input anyway. Will let my agent advise me accordingly, but he doesnt feel there will be any probs with gaining PR. Even if not on the relevant skills shortage list etc which I was aware off!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I wasn't commenting on the industry at all. Perhaps our lovely Persephone who is actually a vet can advise you here.

You may find contacting the NZ Veterinary Nursing Association direct helpful. (click the link)

It does state

Please check for yourself . You can do so from the NZIS website HERE. (click the link)

Veterinary Nurse does not appear on the Essential Skills in Demand lists & is not currently on either the Long Term or Immediate shortage list per the NZIS website.
Therefore any NZ employer wishing to employ you must prove that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could fill the vacancy.

ANZSCO occupation 361311 Veterinary Nurse. Requirement for skill points NZ Register 4 qualification.

Perhaps you are thinking of the list of Occupations seen as Skilled by NZIS. That is a different list . If your overseas quals match the NZIS level required , then you would gain points for the skill . However, as the occupation is not in shortage then you would not gain bonus points..

Again I have no opinion one way or another. It is entirely up to you. All I always state is make sure your agent knows their stuff and is correctly licensed with a proven track record. Be wary of those offering to help find job offers as it is better to deal direct.

Finally, many people do manage to emigrate here and do their own form filling, job hunting etc. They do this with long working hours, stressful lifestyles and offspring around their feet. They manage. However, if you feel you can't then that is also fine.
You are perfectly entitled to approach your emigration prospects any way you like.

Go Bevs!!
Agree completely with you.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:26 pm
`

Well clearly there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Perhaps you should clarify with your agent that an NZ employer must meet the NZIS labour market test before offering you a position. . The NZ employer will have an employer supplementary form to fill out and must show proof of advertising and training. NZIS and the Dept of Labour will check for other possible NZ applicants.

Anyway, when you apply for jobs you will at least know what to correctly state , re. visas, to the prospective employer .

I'm sure you will have no problemo with your PR application if you have the points and the quals. Good luck .

Oh....and... please do think to contact the NZVNA direct. You never know, they just might know of a job going.
If you get one , let us know.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:31 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs you're so helpful, I've learnt a lot from your posts, thank you for each and every one of them
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

matlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nicematlynds is just really nice

Sorry Bevs! Thanks for you advise. I wasnt having a go at you. I appreciate the advise you have offered, as I am sure you are very well in tune with the process and offer sound advise to those if us who need it. I am sure I will be gaining more advise from you in the future. Again thanks

Robdon- that sort of comment was not needed. Bit mean really. If you cant add anything useful, then dont bother.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:40 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't go to any job agency to get a job in this field. It is a unique field and its a very small world in the veterinary industry
Yes that is certainly the case in the UK but here I have found that general job hunting sites such as seek.co.nz and trademe also have a lot of veterinary jobs going, in fact more than seem to be advertised on the NZVNA or NZVA websites. Since I am now looking for another job I have been scouring all possible places for one There are also various locum agencies which may be worth looking at, I've only found one that is specifically for the veterinary profession in NZ though some of the ones that advertise in the UK will also have NZ jobs on them.
I think all people have been trying to do is help. Obviously you feel that an agent will make it easier for you and that is your choice.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Bit of confusion going on. I wil be looking for the jobs myself, whereas my agent will be doing all the immigration paperwork that is needed for PR as I am rarely at home in the evenings as I work in an ECC clinic and look after the children by day, so just easier let let someone else handle this for me.
i have a few contact in NZ who are vets si fingers crossed something will come my way.
But that you formely known as sue for your comments. I had noticed that Seek and trademe have jobs advertised so when the time comes I will start job hunting
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Robdon- that sort of comment was not needed. Bit mean really. If you cant add anything useful, then dont bother.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt being mean I was agreeing with Bevs.
She really knows her stuff and I think some of your previous comments were a bit off, thats all.
We are all entitled to our own opinions and if you choose to use an agent then that is completely your choice. No-one is having a go, just trying to save you some money!
Now can we all play nice again please?!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:06 am
Just Joined

play nice indeedy. Sorry Robdon! I do appreciate the advise esp as there are people out there that will no more than I do. So I will glady admit that I has come facts incorrect.
Thanks ladies. x
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Any help or advice you need just ask, we dont usually bite!!
Good luck with your job hunting.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:19 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Glad we're all friends again
Good luck with the job hunt, let us know how you get on. Where are you thinking of moving to or is that dependent on a job?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:56 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of confusion going on. I wil be looking for the jobs myself, whereas my agent will be doing all the immigration paperwork that is needed for PR as I am rarely at home in the evenings as I work in an ECC clinic and look after the children by day, so just easier let let someone else handle this for me.
i have a few contact in NZ who are vets si fingers crossed something will come my way.
But that you formely known as sue for your comments. I had noticed that Seek and trademe have jobs advertised so when the time comes I will start job hunting
Speaking as someone who has used an agent and at the time I did not regret it as I too thought they would be dealing with all the paperwork, all I can say is that they don't and I've yet to hear of one that has/does.

That doesn't mean to say I didn't value their advice at the time because I did but at the end of the day we still had to fill in all the paperwork ourselves, source and gets copies of all the documents required for evidence (of which there is heaps required) and get all documents that required it certified at the local court house. When we had the medicals done it was up to us to go through them with a fine toothcomb to make sure nothing had been missed - like the doctor forgetting to sign off a photo or something, and go back and get it corrected.

At the end of the day each to their own but please be aware that you will still have to do all the paperwork and find and compile your own evidence and then hand a cheque over to someone else for basically holding your hand.

We used a highly reputable and recognised agent here in NZ. He was lovely to deal with and a source of calm and advice and charged around the figure you quoted you are paying your agent.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:07 am
`

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo

We used a highly reputable and recognised agent here in NZ. He was lovely to deal with and a source of calm and advice and charged around the figure you quoted you are paying your agent.
Was that person a Peter Croxson based n Christchurch ? If so, I would highly recommend him. He did some absolutely superb work for some Hungarian friends of mine. Very fair , up front & honest with a reasonable fee to boot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.