visa category options

Old May 10th 2017, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Snazyshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa category options

Hi all new to forum so bear with I get this right............. I have been in NZ 7+ yrs and in the process of citizenship. My 26 yr old son has informed me he wants to come visit to see if he likes it and with the prospects of seeking work and living here on more permanent basis. He's to old for family category but was put on my initial visa application I came under skilled migrant . He wouldn't have enough points for skilled migrant there 160 at the moment and he couldn't afford the fees . He is between jobs ready to start new one in Uk sports coach and fitness management. So here is what I wanted clarified and please correct me if wrong. could he come visit for 6 mth uk passport and look at work options and apply for required visa when here if gets a job offer. Or should he apply for working holiday visa 23mth and look for something more permanent when here on that and again get the required visa based on job then. the only thing about the working holiday you need 350 bux a month to live on and provide proof he has it which I might need to loan him. also what happened to the work to residency option has that gone ?
Any advise be great thanks in advance
Old May 10th 2017, 3:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: visa category options

Originally Posted by Snazyshaz
Hi all new to forum so bear with I get this right.......
That's OK. Welcome to BE.
Let's get you started.

So here is what I wanted clarified and please correct me if wrong. could he come visit for 6 mth uk passport and look at work options and apply for required visa when here if gets a job offer.
Yes. He could do that and uplift a temporary work permit to allow him to do the work.

Or should he apply for working holiday visa 23mth and look for something more permanent when here on that and again get the required visa based on job then.
Yes. He could also do that. Gives him more time.

also what happened to the work to residency option has that gone ?
It is still there.

Uk sports coach and fitness management.
Does he hold a degree or other recognised quals for this + have the work experience.

At the above level he would be seen as skilled however the huge hurdle is going to be him finding a job offer in this occupation.
Old May 10th 2017, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Hi thank you for your reply. Im not sure of his exact qualification i would need to find that out tomorrow. He will probably need to check its equivalent qualification here . He works in the council gym just now back in uk as a trainer......I just know he wouldn't make points system on EOI and needs to find out best and cheapest option.
Old May 10th 2017, 7:28 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I have friends that came over on just this type of work last year.
Best bet is to contact the Councils directly and see if they have any vacancies and if it meets the criteria.

Only way to get a visa is to pay for it.
Old May 10th 2017, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I have friends that came over on just this type of work last year.
Best bet is to contact the Councils directly and see if they have any vacancies and if it meets the criteria.

Only way to get a visa is to pay for it.
Thank you good info do you know which visa category they used please
Old May 10th 2017, 10:23 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

they used a work to residency visa but that visa is changing, along with the others in August so you need to be looking at which one would benefit you.

On a side note, they are returning to UK in July as his partner missed her family to much.